Sony losing jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Despite Sony's Playstation 3 quarterly sales growth doubling from last year, the end result from this year's holiday sales doesn't bode well according to the Wall Street Journal.

Sony hoped the PS3 would take the number-two spot in video-game consoles, as it currently trails the Wii and Xbox 360, respectively. Instead, PlayStation 3 sales are down 19 percent from last holiday season. Contrast that to Nintendo and Microsoft, which saw the Wii double its sales and Xbox 360 sales rising by eight percent, respectively.

Sony places a lot of hope on its videogame division as its electronics business is suffering terribly due to the global economic crisis. Sony projected last spring that its games division would finally make a profit since launching the PS3 in 2006.

Earlier this month, I reported that by 2010, Sony plans to eliminate 8,000 jobs (four percent of its global work force). This is certainly the result of a tail spin of poor electronics sales.

Here's where Sony probably went wrong.

8000 jobs!??!?!

Wow,lets discuss the PS3 and Sony's situation

Thats what they deserve for making game videos so long showing every single detail they added, so i´m glad they are going to die soon.

Sonnarkku said:
Thats what they deserve for making game videos so long showing every single detail they added, so i´m glad they are going to die soon.

How could you say such a thing??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
sony is the one of the many companies i like.

but wait, if sony dies, could sega reenter the console wars?

EDIT edited to correct what FoxBlitzz pointed out., Thanks FoxBlitzz!

Well I'm certainly not happy about this, provided that it is true. Is the source Wall Street Journal like it mentions in your quote or something else?

Also, Chrispy, I highly disagree with your comment. I highly doubt Sony Computer Entertainment would die after making the PS1 and PS2, both of which sold over 100 million units. The PS3 didn't totally flop like the Sega Saturn.

EDIT: Then again, I work indirectly for SCEA, because I'm temporarily employed at one of their outsourced locations...so I don't think my job is at risk. *relief*

undefined said:
Well I'm certainly not happy about this, provided that it is true. Is the source Wall Street Journal like it mentions in your quote or something else?

Also, Chrispy, I highly disagree with your comment. I highly doubt Sony Computer Entertainment would die after making the PS1 and PS2, both of which sold over 100 million units. The PS3 didn't totally flop like the Sega Saturn.

EDIT: Then again, I work indirectly for SCEA, because I'm temporarily employed at one of their outsourced locations...so I don't think my job is at risk. *relief*

Source = X-Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back