• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Crystal Tower, a match map (work in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errol

Scan Progress: 74%
So I finally halfly-finished a map I've been working on. I've uploaded it for advice, and stuff. The map's a beta, there are quite some glitches, but it should be playable.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/166521997/mt_crystaltower.wad.html

Screens:

srb20007pk9.png

srb20006em5.png

srb20008qs2.png

Known Issues:

- Camera glitches out of level near the inner wall.
- Some rings are placed weirdly.
- One redwall message when starting up.
- Next to none decoration objects.
- Kind of bland inside.
- Perhaps a little cramped inside.
- Some rings are unreachable.
- Springs inside the well are unreliable.

Phew, a lot of issues. But I'd rather have some feedback first.

Oh, and please, constructive critic only. Saying stuff like "this level sucks" is not really helpful.

I know already where the error comes from. I didn't remove the transparency marker from a FOF. It will be fixed in the next upload, anyway.

Also, what different texture? I don't know really what would fit. Ice, perhaps.

Oh, whatever, gotta fix the errors.

/e: So, I fixed a couple of errors now, but I've got two issues:

1.: Apparently, the glitching walls you can see through when standing next to them are all FOFs that go all the way up to the ceiling. I tried lowering them a step, but no luck. Can someone help me there?

2.: I can't seem to get friction on FOFs working. Yes, I looked at the wiki page, but I seem to be too stupid to make it work...

Ah, thanks.

I'll upload the updated version soon. At least I would, if my SRB2DoomBuilder didn't crash when entering 3Dmode/Test. >_>

/e: The frozen lake is now slippery, and 3Dmode works again. Now, to fix some ring height issues and then, wallglitches.

/e2: I think I found the cause for the glitching: The stairs. See, they're 32 fracunits long, but you need at least 64 fracunits to prevent camera glitching, like, say, the thok barrier.

Although this theory wouldn't explain why the wood FOF also sometimes glitches. I'll have a look on this.

Alright, since this project seems to be discontinued, I'll just upload the latest version in the main post and then leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back