• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wad Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallFox

When I added a wad I created to srb2, an error message pulled up and said " R_AddSingleSpriteDef: No patches found for TAILA1 frame ^"
What does it mean?

It means your character doesn't have sprites for the ^ frame. (ignore the "A1" after "TAIL" that's a bug I think)

If you're using SLADE, enable the "Use percent encoding if needed outside of Wad Archives" option in the Preferences window (in the Editing tab). It's likely that SLADE decided to remove ^ from the sprites that should use it.

The other possibility is that new mass-renaming feature of SLADE messed you up (if you used it), apparently ^ is reserved for some formatting thing now.

The other possibility is that new mass-renaming feature of SLADE messed you up (if you used it), apparently ^ is reserved for some formatting thing now.
I can confirm that. It works if you rename the lumps one by one, though, but don't worry, the rest (or most of the rest?) can be mass-renamed.

Doesn't SLADE usually crash when you enable the percent encoding? (Considering it always happens to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back