Project GIF: Changing srb2.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator Notice:
Snipped due to an NSFW image.

Nah, not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
sonic%20fswalk.gif
God dammit why doesn't SRB2 use hi-res for all its sprites-- oh right, they crash when scaled :|

This has got to be a troll, surely? Animated GIFs are the bane of the web and should never, ever be used for anything other than demonstrating animation cycles.

God dammit why doesn't SRB2 use hi-res for all its sprites-- oh right, they crash when scaled :|

That, and the vast majority of Knuckles' sprites were created at their current size by Chrispy, and sprite resolution is a core part of how depth is perceived in the Paper Mario-esque world of SRB2.

wat

I was thinking that if srb2.org used gif images wherever possible, the website would be more interesting; anyone agree?
Define INTERESTING, please.

• Clown like website?
  • Horrible lag?
  • Difficulty in navigation?
  • Make visitors disappear due to the newbieness of the site?
Sir, I shall say that's pretty INTERESTING.

Last edited:
This idea sounds like it could be used as one of those random but hilarious April 1st conversions this forum used to have every year.

Aside from that, I think the site is good with what it has now.

Last edited:
I support this idea fully. It would truly help the people with ADHD to keep attention to the site if there is a lot of different stuff to attract their attention with. I mean okay we'd have a...little...maybe big...load issue but that isn't a problem with modern internet right?

I support this idea fully. It would truly help the people with ADHD to keep attention to the site if there is a lot of different stuff to attract their attention with. I mean okay we'd have a...little...maybe big...load issue but that isn't a problem with modern internet right?

Yes, but the site will still look noobish.

Except that doesn't gain you anything whatsoever. The still images get the point across just as well as an animated one does, AND it doesn't reek of late-'90s web design. Even most professional websites don't rely on animated images everywhere - outside, perhaps, of transitions from one "page" to another, particularly on Flash-based pages - instead opting for static images.

Really no rhyme or reason behind this. In short, I refer you to the dancing letters above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back