Free web hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.freewebtown.com/
Is what I use.
While the main page has a lot of banners, the hosted websites have no banners.
But, it goes down a lot. >_>

And, you won't have it forever. You only get 0.25 GB total (That's right, TOTAL. Not daily, nor yearly, Total.) bandwidth.

I hope I find another good free web host by the time my badwidth runs out... >_>

Yeah. Not the absolute best, but it was the best I could find for my needs.

SRB2-Playah said:
And, you won't have it forever. You only get 0.25 GB total (That's right, TOTAL. Not daily, nor yearly, Total.) bandwidth.

If the avatars and page are 500kb if we will get 500 visitors
we will lose the website
not good server that of freewebtown

709.9KB the complete page.

EDIT: the page has a lot of stuff, so it's still very low.

i'm searching on the internet a free host

Sik said:
EDIT: the page has a lot of stuff, so it's still very low.

you're right with 56K, but not with DSL or T1
Have you found a free web host?

The space is low, not the speed... Do you read "slow" instead?

And no, I haven't found a free hosting yet... At page 17 in Google I abandonned... I need banner-free because with banners the space for the page will be extremely small... It use frames...

The main page is the frame container, so that impossible, because the ad will not shown, and the term of services doesn't accept that (I think).

Webspace

I've used AtSpace (www.atspace.com) occasionally in the past. There are no banner adverts, and although I do seem to remember there being pop-up ads at some point, they don't appear to be manifesting themselves just now. The server can be slow at times, though.

Mmmmmmh, it looks to be good... But are the fangames considerated warez? Really, I don't know...

No. AFAIK the US doesn't have a definite legal stance for fangames. Some accept them, like Sega, others shut 'em down (within some reason), like Nintendo.

Sega directly haven't any control of the emulators. Well, then the fangames are allowed? *going to upload the page and end of the topic*

EDIT: OK, page uploaded and all. The URL is in my signature. I won't talk more because it's a rulebreak (and what a rulebreak). Moderators, you can lock this topic. It's useless for me now.

PS: the better hosting that I seem (50MB without ads and the limitations are few).

Sepwich uses traditional, manual web-programming [For lack of better words] that make it hard to make websites for people who aren't very good with that kind of stuff...

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Sepwich uses traditional, manual web-programming [For lack of better words] that make it hard to make websites for people who aren't very good with that kind of stuff...
Hehe, one of the reasons because my page is low in size is because I program in pure HTML (avoiding a lot of unnecessary tags and creating an understandable code). ;) I'm a master in that.

I'm learning HTML.
It's what I'm using for my up-and-coming WadAuthor Tutorial.
And before y'all ask, yes. I am aware of a441's tutorial.
But, I'm hoping to make a more understandable one.
And before you ask, yes. a441's tutorial is pretty understandable, but y'know, stupid people can pop up and surprise the heck out of you. Plus, you can't make a tutorial that's TOO understandable now, can ya? :wink:
It'll cover basics, advanced stuff, like Linedef Execs, includes a list of DO'S AND DON'TS and other stuff.
Plus, since I'm still part of the community, I'll actually update it... Maybe.

SRB2-PLAYAH'S WADDING TUTORIAL!!
COMING SOON TO AN SRB2-PLAYAH'S WEBSITE NEAR YOU!!

*cough* Anyway... Yeah, I'm learning HTML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back