• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

kart0003.gif

Petroleum Refinery Extends its factory into SRB2 Kart thanks to Founder Coatrack.

Okay, let me ask this. Where has SRB2Kart gone off to? I can't really see that it's downloadable (JUST the original, no others) or not. Thanks in advance...

Okay, let me ask this. Where has SRB2Kart gone off to? I can't really see that it's downloadable (JUST the original, no others) or not. Thanks in advance...

If you dig around a bit, you can find the old 2.0 release. The 2.1 release isn't finished yet. (AFAIK)

Have you tried looking underneath Outdated Releases (2.0.X) in the Mods category?

Links of the older version of kart are most likely dead. You'll have to find someone who has it (I don't, I've gone through a few computers and lost it) to get it. A good chunk of KartKrew doesn't even own the older version.

It's still there, download works just fine. I grabbed it a while back when mapping GBA Rainbow Road to reference how it set up its checkpoints. https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36732

There's a reason Releases are required to have download links as attachments; so that if the MB's up then you can still get it, instead of being on ye ol' srb2ffh or sendspace :P

Chaotic Chao brings you another Adventure Era course with a ton of interesting gimmicks.
kart00037228dce5194a4486.gif

It may slow you down, but something good will happen if you manage to land a strike.

Taking a break from course reveals this week to showcase some of Jeck Jim's Kart Models:
db8Jf1j.png

nVGuI6y.png

iZs8eow.png

cWroAi4.png

tGEJJ9r.png

Nb6KhNR.png

Sonic variants coming Soon™

I'm one of those skewed types who is suuuuuch a big fan of Sonic R, so seeing these models resurface not only in vanilla SRB2 but also Kart is pretty nostalgic. Palette makes them look a lot nicer than in 2.1 too. I'll be switching back and forth between the gorgeous sprites and these models frequently for sure.

The 80's called, they want their pause text back.

For real though, loving that text

No update last week....whoops! Let's make up for it by doing two this week. I'll start off with my own map first:

kart0009.gif

Here's a look at the underwater segment of Misty Maze.

wow uh the priority on those sky walls is messing with my head, like some serious cloaking device shenanigans going on here. sure looks cool anyways though

Yeah, the sky walls look super wrong to me. I generally try my best to avoid letting the sky overwrite geometry, and you've done it very clearly on purpose here =P

That looks a bit too weird to me to be honest. I think that you could open up one of those walls to be see through even if it would provide a performance boost, unless it's an actual aesthetic theme for the level.

I noticed that conveyor movement values aren't included in the MPH counter. Is this intentional?

Given the random spark of interest in the previous post, I wanted to finish the visual design of that segment and release a progression gif, but I haven't had any time this week to do that.

8C46wgr.png

Instead, take a look at the Work-In-Progress shot of Volcanic Valley's Revamp by Blitz-T.

Not gonna lie, that looks pretty awesome! That was always one of my favorite stages in Old Kart.

kart0011.gif

Cloud Cradle receives a skybox from SeventhSentinel. It's the small visual changes that often make the most impact.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back