The "S" Barrier (Chaotix (PAL))

Status
Not open for further replies.
chaotixpal0000yt.gif

What? The "S" barrier Didn't turn me hyper.

What does it do??

Nothing. It was put there as a powerup, but was never finished being programmed.

The world may never know what it does

There's one in SonicCD too

No, it DOES do something. From what I remember, it lets you choose the next level slowly, not fast. Its been a while since I'd played it, but thats what I remember it does.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Just as the other power-up in the pic slows down the crane game so you can get the partner you actually WANT to get instead of, say, Bomb, the S thing slows the Stage selection down.

I mean, Jeebus, look at those yellow things around the S. Don't they even SLIGHTLY look like the level icons around the bumper?

In Sonic CD, it was possible to find it without debug

And I think it could be found in every game, though I haven't found it in SA2 yet

I haven't seen it in any sonic advance titles, the adventure series(and Sonic Heroes), Sonic Spinball, etc, only in 1,2 and 3.

:roll:

Yeah... this is the "S" box found in every Sonic game.

[/sarchasm]

No, this makes you choose the level more slowly. If youd've kept playing, you would've found out.

Oh, I get it now. The S powerup only appeared in certain games, and not ones like the advanced titles because there was the ability to pick the levels with that level picker thing.

Though, it appeared in Sonic CD

Uh-huh...and in Sonic CD, it make you invincible AND super fast...I believe the S meant "Super Sonic" or something.

Nope. In Sonic CD, I do believe the S means super sonic, and I believe Sonic Team was going to add something like the level selector from Chaotix in CD, but that didn't seem to work out. The S crate is found with some other crates (can't remember at the moment), but it is still useless, for you find it at the end of a level. The S crate does nothing. I've looked at every factor. I still have yet to check out the coding (if I can get into the game) to see what it does

In Sonic 3, there's an S moniter, although it looks different, it turns you into Super Sonic (Invulnurable and fast). So they were probably going to implement Super Sonic into SCD, or possibly something else. (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back