SRB2 Wii Status Thread [Edited Nov. 22nd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
THBC no longer supports Ocarina, you have to get GeckoOS now. Also, a double Wii update prevents the Twilight Hack from working.

Is there any way to get THBC without the Twilight Hack? I just don't want to pay for TP, since I won't be playing it.

shado said:
Is there any way to get THBC without the Twilight Hack? I just don't want to pay for TP, since I won't be playing it.

You can't get THBC without Twilight Hack,I'd say rent TP from a store.

*sigh* That sucks, the money I do have I'm going to buy Portal with. Maybe I should ask for TP for Xmas...
my dad probably would get really pissed if he found out I hacked the Wii, though...
Ah well, none of my family gives the Wii Menu a second thought. I could move THBC to a different page.

shado said:

Twilight Hack only works up to Wii Menu v3.3 as of yet.

If you know someone with THBC and have an SDcard you can simply copy it onto the SDCard and then to your Wii. Or at the very least you could back in Wii Menu v3.3. I know this because I did it for a friend before I deleted my HBC. (Couldn't use it anymore.)

Also, If you use Ocarina and THBC asks you to update it, DON'T! It will block Ocarina as well as all boot.ELF apps. The updated version only reads boot.DOL files if I understand the WiiBrew Wiki correctly.

*clicks Logan's link*
iefailzgz3.png

Chaos Knux said:
shado said:

Twilight Hack only works up to Wii Menu v3.3 as of yet.

If you know someone with THBC and have an SDcard you can simply copy it onto the SDCard and then to your Wii. Or at the very least you could back in Wii Menu v3.3. I know this because I did it for a friend before I deleted my HBC. (Couldn't use it anymore.)

Also, If you use Ocarina and THBC asks you to update it, DON'T! It will block Ocarina as well as all boot.ELF apps. The updated version only reads boot.DOL files if I understand the WiiBrew Wiki correctly.
There is a convertor out there to convert ELFs to DOLs its fast and simple.

Eh.. update? Good news and bad news. The kernel is updated usually leaving me with 47MB of ram left for SRB2. The bad news is the game crashes while trying to load the HUD system. The whole screen goes black. I'm going to compile a debug version on friday and figure out the exact problem.

1. You can also find that link on the THBC Wiki; it's in the Twilight Hack page.
2. I have version 3.3U, but I can't access the Shop Channel anymore.
3. Happy Thanksgiving! [/offtopic]

Shado, you can install a little patch to allow access to shop channel again.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

Also, there is a way to install THBC without twilight hack, but it requires a modchip. I used twilight hack, so I don't know how to do this specifically.

Most importantly, it is great that a "port" is being worked on. It will be a great addition to the homebrew scene.

akirahedgehog said:
Eh.. update? Good news and bad news. The kernel is updated usually leaving me with 47MB of ram left for SRB2. The bad news is the game crashes while trying to load the HUD system. The whole screen goes black. I'm going to compile a debug version on friday and figure out the exact problem.

1.09.4 tends to not be so memory-proper... you might have better luck with 1.1.

1-Up said:
Shado, you can install a little patch to allow access to shop channel again.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer

Also, there is a way to install THBC without twilight hack, but it requires a modchip. I used twilight hack, so I don't know how to do this specifically.

Most importantly, it is great that a "port" is being worked on. It will be a great addition to the homebrew scene.
Which one do I download, 1-Up? v1 or v2? Does it matter?
EDIT: Nvm, read the whole page. It says I have to install both?

SSNTails said:
akirahedgehog said:

1.09.4 tends to not be so memory-proper... you might have better luck with 1.1.
Yeah I'm starting to think I should wait for that. Will the source code be released with the May "final" game, SSNTails?

They have to, otherwise it's illegal. GNU ftw

Unless, of course, it's a private copy instead of public, but that would make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back