Releases Section Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would probably only be for people without a higher user rank than Judge. As Judge appears to be the seccond lowest rank (next to "user") ir would only apply to normal users made judges. This has not happened.

Hmm...
The level releases section is the last place that I would have expected to have more bad releases...
I thought the chracter releases section would be wiped clean...
Anyway, nice change to the forum and good idea.

Funny you should make this, I recall just yesterday thinking that wads should be approved before making it into the releases forum. Then again, I probably thought that before. Ah, whatever.

Many thanks for creating this. I can tell clearly that this will do the forums and the SRB2MS a lot of good.

i wanz 2 b ah jugde!1!1!! *pounded*
But seriously, this is a great idea, Mystic. I like this setup much better. The releases section should be much more organized and easier for the Mods/Admins to manage. Now when us users or passersby look for WADs, we won't have to dig through a pile of worthless recolors/S_SKIN edits/crap levels just to find something decent. Thank you. :D

Mystic said:
The trash is hidden because I'd prefer to keep it from being a repository of crappy WADs. The last thing we need is a centralized place for all your recolor needs.

Is it a place where Judges can go and say, "Oh. My. Gosh. It's insane how crappy this WAD is"?

That's essentially it, SRB2WikiSonicMaster.

That, and it's good to keep a log of failed submissions so we can see their past work, if that person decides to submit again.

Guys, remember that we don't just shove any wad we fill is horrible into Releases - Trash. Anybody can submit a wad that could end up being terrible, but as long as it is evident that he has put a considerable amount of effort into it, it gets accepted. It is only when there's a rule broken in the submission, or if the content is so outrageously horrible and there's no signs of effort, that it's thrown into the trash.

After all, we all start someplace.

subject line

Tis' an epic shame that it's mostly the MS that needs it though. Stupid n00bs made me quit. Go Angry Faic, KILL!

Could you set it up so that new users start at a lower status that normal users for a minimum of 1 week? And for that one week, they could reply on topics, but couldn't start topics. That way, we could weed out all the n00bs and/or forcibly give them some time to get used to playing SRB2 and the forums. Also, current users could be demoted to that lower status if they are considered to be n00bish to the community. Kinda like a tempban except it allows the user to continue to interact with forums, just more limited to what they can do.

zck2020 said:
Could you set it up so that new users start at a lower status that normal users for a minimum of 1 week? And for that one week, they could reply on topics, but couldn't start topics. That way, we could weed out all the n00bs and/or forcibly give them some time to get used to playing SRB2 and the forums. Also, current users could be demoted to that lower status if they are considered to be n00bish to the community. Kinda like a tempban except it allows the user to continue to interact with forums, just more limited to what they can do.
No. there's a reason we have no postcount ranks. >_>

Tell him, Mystic.

I didn't mean an ego meter. XP I meant status as in user is to moderator, moderator is to admin, etc. Just to make sure that they are not n00bs. N00bs won't wait a week in order to start topics, usually. It's just a thought.

@I'll Begin: You don't need to quote the entire post when you are posting right next to it. >.>

I know that stuff just won't work. If anything, it will piss off the people that we want to keep around if we went with that method. This noob problem is unfortunately one that won't go away just because of the nature of SRB2 and the fact that it is a Sonic fan game.

its a pretty cool system. until i found this thread, i thought u guys had just released a new SRB2 version. im pretty stupid XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back