Toddler girl kills self with .308; Parents readily blame Wiimote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean I put it in VG for that reason. It made sense since this is Video Games and it's about yet another dumbfuck blaming video games for their own incompetence.

:( My god.. That's so horrible, and I find it really sad that a parent would blame the Wii. In the first place why the hell would you leave a loaded gun in an irresponsible area where I toddler could easily shoot themselves? I don't know but its sad what people do these days.

This is some dumb sh*t, First some one I know blames a movie for getting shot with a staple gun, now the Wii? What are they going to blame next? The PS3? The Wikipedia? What is this world coming to? And seriously, he got shot with a staple gun.

Last edited:
This is some dumb sh*t, First some one I know blames a movie for getting shot with a staple gun, now the Wii? What are they going to blame next? The PS3? The Wikipedia? What is this world coming to? And seriously, he got shot with a staple gun.

I'm with you. Who knows what 's gonna happen next.

You're just going to leave a fully-loaded semi-automatic weapon in full reach of the toddler and not expect something like this to happen?

That's pure irresponsibility at its worst.

Last edited:
The fact that the parents have a loaded weapon with the safety off(I'm assuming) in the house available to a child is mind blowing.

This just in: The Wii gun shell mistaken for the real gun wasn't actually white.
500x_wiigun.jpg

The actual shell being the one on the bottom of this picture. The parents still aren't any less responsible for leaving a real gun out, but christ I didn't think there was anyone stupid enough to make a shell that looks so much like an actual gun.

EDIT: There's also word that the shell itself was illegally imported. There is so much ridiculousness going about with this story that I really don't know what to say.

Last edited:
First things first:
Stop calling out the little girl on not noticing the difference between the Wii addon and an actual gun. You're 3 years old, with no preconceptions or KNOWLEDGE of what a gun feels like and works. The closest thing that feels close is that funny moving thing that makes thingies jiggle on screen yay.
How the fuck are you suposed to know those two things are entirely different?
REMEMBER IT'S A 3 YEAR OLD.
Second: Irresponsable parents looking for some excuse? Oldest trick on the book. Somebody bring in Phoenix Wright to find contradictions in their statements.

How the fuck are you supposed to know those two things are entirely different?

From a 3 year old's point of view, this is kinda hard. My little cousin knows not to touch guns,and she's three. Even at a young age, if you actually warn and teach them not to play with guns, that adds a bit more safety to you, and the child. But you still shouldn't give the gun to the child.

First things first:
Stop calling out the little girl on not noticing the difference between the Wii addon and an actual gun. You're 3 years old, with no preconceptions or KNOWLEDGE of what a gun feels like and works. The closest thing that feels close is that funny moving thing that makes thingies jiggle on screen yay.
How the fuck are you suposed to know those two things are entirely different?
REMEMBER IT'S A 3 YEAR OLD.
Second: Irresponsable parents looking for some excuse? Oldest trick on the book. Somebody bring in Phoenix Wright to find contradictions in their statements.

Yeah, we know that she was 3 years old. :p
The problem is with the parents.

Yeah, we know that she was 3 years old. :p
The problem is with the parents.

It's all the parents fault. They are the only ones to blame.
Parents: Um, why the hell would you PUT A GUN NEXT TO A WII REMOTE THAT LOOKS LIKE A GUN WHEN YOU HAVE A TODLER IN THE DAMN HOUSE. They were basically asking for the child to shoot herself.

Last edited:
Hmmm...a toddler girl kills herself with a real gun, and the parents blame a game controller?

Because of course, it clearly has nothing to do with bad parenting. No, that can't possibly have anything to do with it at all!

I don't see why the heck did the grandfather leave the gun out so exposed to the child. Plus, how did the toddler mistake a gun for a Wiimote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back