• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roach's endless sprite parade

"Release 'schedule'"
Don't make me laugh.

And Shadow is... pretty much the exact same in terms of quill design as SADX Super Sonic from what I know. IDK why, but still.

Let's get this thread back on track before this thread turns into, "*insert character* is/is not a recolor!" MotorRoach, would it be possible to see all the colors on Sonic? I'm kinda interested to see what red looks like on the new Sonic. Don't ask why, it's just a regal color in my opinion.

Let's get this thread back on track before this thread turns into, "*insert character* is/is not a recolor!" MotorRoach, would it be possible to see all the colors on Sonic? I'm kinda interested to see what red looks like on the new Sonic. Don't ask why, it's just a regal color in my opinion.

And I'm interested to see how he looks in cyan. ;)

I aggree, the new colors are kinda interesting to see with this new sonic. And since we are talking colors; I think that Super Emeralds in SRB2 should be a thing. That way, MotorRoach has no excuse on making Super and Hyper Sonic.

But hey, no need to add him if you don't feel you need to~

Keep up the awesome work MotorRoach :)

I aggree, the new colors are kinda interesting to see with this new sonic. And since we are talking colors; I think that Super Emeralds in SRB2 should be a thing. That way, MotorRoach has no excuse on making Super and Hyper Sonic.

But hey, no need to add him if you don't feel you need to~

Keep up the awesome work MotorRoach :)

Basically what I was thinking.

Have you even seen what our release schedule is like

I think that's pretty accruate.

It'd surprise me that 2.2 ever comes this year X)
Anyway let's get back to the topic, if we ever come to something like HyperSonic, it will just be a palette swap of Super Sonic, I don't know why he should have separate sprites, take a look at S3&K.

@"Lat'": Hyper Sonic is a dumb idea that is beyond unnecessary. Super Sonic is already really powerful, we don't need something even more overpowered in the game (and I personally can't think of anything challenging enough to go along the merit of unlocking Hyper Sonic either).

Back to the topic, skin colors:

1lXdkzq.png

CMbZulk.png

How does white look now? In the OP screenshot, it didn't look very good to me... The grey bits stuck out too much and there wasn't much noticeable shading.

There is no such thing as grey bits in my revamp of Sonic, at least not in the middle of where it should be blue. If you're referring to the parts near the gloves and the eyes, then there isn't really much I can do about it.

HhRtrfv.png

Mainly because the game's white skin color sucks ass. It has little to no contrast. There's a fine line between a white colored alternative and playing as a character that looks so pale it almost looks like a ghost.

KnOZtAT.png

Which is why I personally prefer the Silver palette much more.

Agreed. I really love the silver palette, and that red Sonic looks awesome.
Great work Roachin'Motor.

Anyway let's get back to the topic, if we ever come to something like HyperSonic, it will just be a palette swap of Super Sonic, I don't know why he should have separate sprites, take a look at S3&K.

Srb2 has 3 characters, FuckingSonic, Chuckles and KawaiiTails = Illuminati Srb2 Confirmed.

Very much confirmed 2.2 will be coming 2030... because of the 3... Just change the 1 in 2015 for the 3 = 2030.

Please MotorRoach and Devs, if FuckingSonic is finished before 2030, put this for a patch to 2.1...

Last edited:

Actually, I think there working on Arid Canyon Zone Act 2 first.

Maybe you're right, Choalovah, but there still some maps that claims revamps before of ACZ2 creation/release.

Oh my god that red is so hype! Thanks for noticing me Motor-san.

Last edited:
MotorRoach, How about the new 2.1 colors? You know; Olive, Zim, Black and so on and so on?

Anyways, I spoke about Hyper Sonic because I always loved the colors changing in Sonic's sprite. It looked so epileptic too. So how about you show us every color in a GIF or something like that?

Also, Red-colored Sonic is now my jam~

THE HYPE IS UN-BEAR-ABLE!

Let me give you a little tip regarding humor.

When you make a joke, the joke itself generally has to have some relevance to the topic at hand. If you posted this in, say, a Smokey the Bear character editing topic, then it might actually be funny. Or, if this was a topic about the Completionist, which you are apparently quoting, this would make sense. If you were posting on a forum that was about bears, then same deal.

However, this is not the case here. There are no bears in this topic (or forum, even) and this topic is not about the Completionist, so your reasoning for including the pun does not make sense. It does not even qualify as a joke. At best, your post is a non sequitur. "BEAR!" may have been funny the first time you saw it, but without the proper context, this punchline loses impact. You're parroting a catchphrase you heard from somewhere else because it's funny to you, but this means nothing to us because there's no way to connect MotorRoach's Sonic wad to the Completionist or the concept of bears.

In the future, if you want to make a joke, you should consider what makes a joke funny. Because this is a topic about Sonic and Super/Hyper Sonic has been recently discussed here, maybe loop back to something about Hyper Sonic or Super Emeralds ("Someone must have injected this topic with Super Emeralds, because THE HYPE IS REAL!"), but anyway, try and think about why it's funny so you can learn to make your own jokes that other people will get.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back