SRB2's doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX

Now 100% less jaded!
Well, to put it bluntly, whenever I host my Server gives the players horrible C-lag, to the point where their control responses are 5 seconds off, and I was just in a Server a moment ago myself. I had very bad c-lag, roughly delaying me 3-4 seconds. It worked perfectly until around 5pm... After which, it started being screwed up. I could no longer hold 6 players, much less ONE, before they got hit with terrible c-lag. And when even one player joined I lagged like mad.

Does anyone know what is wrong with SRB2 that is making it act this way? Do you think that, perhaps one of the core files could be altered or corrupt and that I may need to re-download?

Respond ASAP, please...

Well, that sounds suspiciously like you hit a bandwidth cap or something similar. Is the rest of your internet slow as well?

Well, that sounds suspiciously like you hit a bandwidth cap or something similar. Is the rest of your internet slow as well?
Actually, no. It's very fast like it usually is.

EDIT: A bandwidth cap is when the router's bandwidth has hit a certain point of taking too much and can't take it anymore, so it drastically decreases the bandwidth available to use in relevance to a certain program, etc.?

Last edited:
Use the -bandwidth parameter when launching SRB2. SRB2 uses 30,000 bytes per second default, up it to 45,000 or 50,000 or higher depending on the amount of bandwidth you have, or are willing to let SRB2 use.

Code:
srb2win -bandwidth 50000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back