SRB2 1.09 to 2.0 Character Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends
sorry if that Tread aren't will in the correct place but its my first post, im so sorry about my grammar or my sence in the write moment, im from mexico and my english is really basic.

the objetive of this post is asking to any member that may help me about how convert the SRB2 1.09 wad or bak characters, I made my fan character to the old version is here

http://www.4shared.com/file/jJhLrRcM/XpKasamoto.html

Please, anyone that knows how convert my file to the 2.0 version of SRB2 or any program that will help me do it myself will appreciate it fully

Sorry for the inconvenience

The manual way to do this is to batch export all the frames while your lump editor is using the 1.09.4 palette (set the resource IWAD to 1.09.4's srb2.srb), switch the editor to 2.0's srb2.srb, then re-import all the sprites. Quite a bit changed between 1.09.4 and 2.0 configuration-wise, so you should probably just remake the character definition lump from scratch. Other things you need to do are make the new required frames for the end sign and 1up monitor.

Last edited:
The easiest way is to use SLADE, which has a built-in palette converter. Select all graphics you want to convert, right-click and go to "Gfx -> Convert To...". For "Current Graphic", choose the "Doom" palette. For "Converted Graphic", choose "Existing/Global" (assuming that you have the 2.0 palette loaded). Then click "Convert All" and it's done. As Boinciel said, you're better off remaking the S_SKIN1 and OBJCTCFG lumps.

Oh, and there is no such thing as a .bak character file. .bak files do nothing but launch SRB2 with certain parameters.

...Oops. That happens when I don't think. Yeah, I was talking about .bat files. .bak files are just backups of WAD files.

The easiest way is to use SLADE, which has a built-in palette converter. Select all graphics you want to convert, right-click and go to "Gfx -> Convert To...". For "Current Graphic", choose the "Doom" palette. For "Converted Graphic", choose "Existing/Global" (assuming that you have the 2.0 palette loaded). Then click "Convert All" and it's done. As Boinciel said, you're better off remaking the S_SKIN1 and OBJCTCFG lumps.

Oh, and there is no such thing as a .bak character file. .bak files do nothing but launch SRB2 with certain parameters.

thanks friend, I found very helpful the program

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

The manual way to do this is to batch export all the frames while your lump editor is using the 1.09.4 palette (set the resource IWAD to 1.09.4's srb2.srb), switch the editor to 2.0's srb2.srb, then re-import all the sprites. Quite a bit changed between 1.09.4 and 2.0 configuration-wise, so you should probably just remake the character definition lump from scratch. Other things you need to do are make the new required frames for the end sign and 1up monitor.

thanks man i work in the missing sprites

Works fine for me, the only issue is the wad never came with a life monitor or sign frames, those are that error. :x Not much I can do without those sprites, so owner's problem now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back