A real Sonic MMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...first i didn't expect someone posting an awesome Sonic MMORPG site (which i thank the owner of the topic :D), but which is even more weird...THEY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT XW ENGINES!!!!!

Seriously people, this is Click and Play?!?!!? Give me a break...didn't you guys see any other MMORPG games, which uses the SAME ENGINE????

XW (XtremeWorlds) engine is a MMORPG maker application, which is a top-down 2d game, There you can make your own maps, items, NPCs, spells, etc. etc.
The site of it is: http://mmorpgmaker.org/

There is also another MMORPG maker similar to XW, called Eclipse! It's pretty much uses the same element as XW, except is a bit more complicated!

The first ever Sonic MMORPG game was Sonic Arena 2 indeed! (as first, i mean the first XW MMORPG game), which started out pretty good, but now it's got boring since the Server Wipe, late updates, lack of special events, etc. (though i don't know if i'm suppose to except something special from that "Mysterious new teaser" thing...)

Then there's a guy called SonicGuy (Often called SG), who created another Sonic MMORPG game using some sprites from Arena 2, tweaked it up some parts, and made an awesome remake of an Sonic MMORPG game called Sonic Blitz! I got level 94 in 3 weeks, have an actual Storyline (in V2, there's gonna be a second story), many items to choose from for 19 classes, challenging enemies!

I say IMO Sonic Blitz is better than any other Sonic MMORPG game!
I say give it a try!

EDIT1:
Also, you know what i realized seeing the posts?
1. Why does everyone hates Blitz just because it's large, and has recolors in it? SONIC ARENA 2 ALSO HAS RECOLORS D***IT!
2. People seem to like Arena 2 better??? I know it's another 'IMO' stuff, but...WHY ARENA 2???

I just don't get it people! Why hate Blitz? WHY??? And why is it frustrating?? WHY AM I LEVEL 94 IN 3 WEEKS!!!

I'm the one frustrated by your opnions, but sadly i cannot say anything to these, so...
Ugh! ATLEAST TRY IT OUT ONCE MORE!!!!
Or wait till V2 comes out (it's pretty soon), and you'll see then!!!

Last edited:
Sonic Arena 2 looks more promising, but you're right. Sonic Blitz is pretty decent, and has a good variety in gameplay.

I'm sure everyone who has played these games knows of XW. The creator of Xtreme Worlds (Bradyok) hosts Sonic Arena 2 and has contributed to it's scripting.

Sonic Blitz is a good game, my only personal concern is it's lack of original design or concept and promotion (take our artwork for example) and how easy it is to level up. A game where you can get high levels and powers in less than a month seems to be a very easy game that would appeal to people who want everything "now" without working hard for it. Of course this is only a personal opinion, I find it highly likely that many people will prefer Blitz as everyone has different tastes.

I would agree that SA2 has failed to deliver new content recently, this has been a combination of time spent on the new Arena project. However the new weekly challanges are a step in the right direction for SA2

Last edited:
Okay...first i didn't expect someone posting an awesome Sonic MMORPG site (which i thank the owner of the topic :D), but which is even more weird...THEY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT XW ENGINES!!!!!

Seriously people, this is Click and Play?!?!!? Give me a break...didn't you guys see any other MMORPG games, which uses the SAME ENGINE????

XW (XtremeWorlds) engine is a MMORPG maker application, which is a top-down 2d game, There you can make your own maps, items, NPCs, spells, etc. etc.
The site of it is: http://mmorpgmaker.org/

There is also another MMORPG maker similar to XW, called Eclipse! It's pretty much uses the same element as XW, except is a bit more complicated!

The first ever Sonic MMORPG game was Sonic Arena 2 indeed! (as first, i mean the first XW MMORPG game), which started out pretty good, but now it's got boring since the Server Wipe, late updates, lack of special events, etc. (though i don't know if i'm suppose to except something special from that "Mysterious new teaser" thing...)

Then there's a guy called SonicGuy (Often called SG), who created another Sonic MMORPG game using some sprites from Arena 2, tweaked it up some parts, and made an awesome remake of an Sonic MMORPG game called Sonic Blitz! I got level 94 in 3 weeks, have an actual Storyline (in V2, there's gonna be a second story), many items to choose from for 19 classes, challenging enemies!

I say IMO Sonic Blitz is better than any other Sonic MMORPG game!
I say give it a try!

EDIT1:
Also, you know what i realized seeing the posts?
1. Why does everyone hates Blitz just because it's large, and has recolors in it? SONIC ARENA 2 ALSO HAS RECOLORS D***IT!
2. People seem to like Arena 2 better??? I know it's another 'IMO' stuff, but...WHY ARENA 2???

I just don't get it people! Why hate Blitz? WHY??? And why is it frustrating?? WHY AM I LEVEL 94 IN 3 WEEKS!!!

I'm the one frustrated by your opnions, but sadly i cannot say anything to these, so...
Ugh! ATLEAST TRY IT OUT ONCE MORE!!!!
Or wait till V2 comes out (it's pretty soon), and you'll see then!!!

Click and Play engine != Click and Play, Click and Play engine means Game Maker, MMF2, etc.

Why hate Blitz? Because it's a pathetic excuse for an MMORPG, not only has it not got any Sonic gameplay in it at all, it's got a damn horrible interface design.

If Arena 2 is anything like that (it's made with XW, you say?) then it's probably just as bad. Of course "the best Sonic MMO" isn't going to be hard to achieve with sub-par quality games like this.

If you're level 94 in 3 weeks, unless the maximum level is very high, then it's not a very well balanced game and seems too easy. It would take 24/7 playtime in WoW for most people to hit level 80.

And Jesus Christ, did you say "awesome MMORPG site"? No, just no. If you're talking about the game then please go look at what an MMORPG should be. If you're looking at the site design then I'm going to cry...

Also, don't try to claim that XW Engines is a good RPG maker, because it isn't, I know good engines and this isn't one of them (seriously, Realm Crafter is pretty damn good, especially the pro edition).

Finally, we don't hate Blitz just because it's large and has recolours, although they both play a part in it because the recolours look like ass and being large is fine if it's a true MMORPG, but this is just a MORPG because it doesn't have the user base for the first M. These guys obviously have never played WoW before, or they would have throw the monitors out the window in frustration due to the sheer size of the place. Overall, the game is absolute ****, that's why I dislike it.

I'm guessing this is another one of those bad fangames from what I heard. I don't really even play Sonic RPGs. There just seems to be no point to any of them.(except for Sonic Chronicles)

Very Offtopic: look at time gear's sig. He linked the 1.1 Match Beta on one of his YouTube vids.

Okay, so you say Sonic in a MMORPG game is not a good idea! So eff what?
Think that this is NOT a Sonic MMORPG, instead it has traditional human characters in it!
Results? Well, in your case it's diffirent, but it's originally NOT!!!
Did you ever heard about spin-off games? Lemme take an example: Sonic Riders - Has no classic Sonic-ish gameplay, but has a unique Air-board racing gameplay! Let's say, we take out the Sonic characters, and then again, put traditional human characters in it, while untouching the gameplay! Results: ITS THE SAME!!!

Also don't compare these 2 games with WoW! WoW is made to steal kid's lives, and forces to train, level, kill in 24/7 non-stop, having a little amount of cheap foods in your PC's desk!

As i said before, V2 is coming out, which will have a new story implented in it, meaning more training, higher difficulty, and new stuff during the new adventure!

I still prefer to Sonic MMORPGs! Lame or not!

Last edited:
A Sonic MMORPG could be a good thing, if executed well.

This was not.

At least Riders had speed.

So you guys are arguing about an "MMORPG" made by somebody whose web site looks straight out of bad web page design practices in 1996?

I'm just going to kill this stupid conversation the easy way; this is not worth discussing.

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back