SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 12-14-2008   #381
Clay

The supervirus popped up when I started the game, but how do I make it stop?

It happens every single time I start it up. It was cool at first, but now it's just annoying...
Old 12-14-2008   #382
TonySpaZ

You have to start the game and play a little bit without cheats. Your total time is divisible by...some number, I can't remember. Anything/0=0: No remainder.
Old 12-14-2008   #383
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Quote:
Q: I started up the game like normal, but then the screen turned staticky and everything went all red and demonic! What is this; how did it happen; and what does it do?

A: By chance, the intro and title screen may be temporarily hijacked by a zany function created by JTE known as the Supervirus. This is not actually a virus, and does not affect any other aspect of SRB2JTE; in fact, if you end a game and return to the title screen, the title will already be returned to its normal state.
See more at: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2JTE
Old 12-14-2008   #384
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySpaZ
Anything/0=0: No remainder.
0/Anything = 0; no remainder.
Old 12-14-2008   #385
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal

O.O
OMG TonySpaz just divided by zero!!!! *teleports to a dimension that isn't doomed*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Old 12-15-2008   #386
TonySpaZ

Nonono, lemme explain... I'm assuming he had 0 playtime with the game, and since X divided by 0 explodes the world, the virus is activated.

Didn't you know that's what the supervirus really is? A doomed universe! DON'T INVOKE IT!
Old 12-15-2008   #387
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySpaZ
You have to start the game and play a little bit without cheats. Your total time is divisible by...some number, I can't remember. Anything/0=0: No remainder.
Without cheats? You mean like objectplace and devmode, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer.Arch
Quote:
Q: I started up the game like normal, but then the screen turned staticky and everything went all red and demonic! What is this; how did it happen; and what does it do?

A: By chance, the intro and title screen may be temporarily hijacked by a zany function created by JTE known as the Supervirus. This is not actually a virus, and does not affect any other aspect of SRB2JTE; in fact, if you end a game and return to the title screen, the title will already be returned to its normal state.
See more at: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2JTE
I did read the wiki, I'm not an idiot. It just didn't help. >.>
Old 12-16-2008   #388
Hunter_Orion

A division by zero! NOOOO! *Teleports off to Sonic's world*

Many thanks to the admins for changing my name for me :D
Old 12-16-2008   #389
ShadowAurion
*face-palm*

You can activate the Supervirus by fighting Eggman in GFZ3. There's a 1/8th of a chance that he'll have some red sprites around him. Just wait 40 seconds and he'll activate the Supervirus. The Supervirus is also activated based on your total play time. The game divides your total play time by 16, and if it has no remainder, then you get the Supervirus.

So in order to get rid of the Supervirus, try entering a level before you quit and see if that helps. The best way to avoid the Supervirus is by using objectplace or by loading a WAD. Because game data is not recorded by loading WADS or using objectplace, the game shouldn't record your play time when you quit, so if do that when your play time divided by 16 has a remainder, you shouldn't get the Supervirus.
Old 12-16-2008   #390
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
I did read the wiki, I'm not an idiot. It just didn't help. >.>
Oh sorry, I haven't paid attention you said before you had already read the wiki. Did you? (XD)

As I have said "if you end a game and return to the title screen, the title will already be returned to its normal state". It always worked for me, but after a couple of times you have played JTE, such virus will happen again, and again and again... sorry, I don't know how to remove it definitively (or else, using some kind of script or like). :<
Old 12-16-2008   #391
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

If you want to skip the whole SuperVirus ordeal at the beginning of startup, use a batch command to automatically warp to MAP01 or something.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 12-16-2008   #392
Bouncey

Just a question but did anyone note that there is ANOTHER super virus message. It seem people who note the one that just has the audio and the face. This one is WAY CREEPIER. This one hasn't happened to me but I stoped playing SRB2JTE because it is so creppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMiY3...e=channel_page

(The other one is on the same acount)

(The fact this is possible in srb2 at all baffles me)
Old 12-16-2008   #393
Hunter_Orion

Not really...

Many thanks to the admins for changing my name for me :D
Old 12-16-2008   #394
Luisete

That second message is joke from Paranoia Hades. That isn't on JTE

http://luisete.mybrute.com Join mybrute if you want to try a very good game! (And also give me extra experience points :P)
Old 12-16-2008   #395
Bouncey

Thank god....

I still want to avoid the super virus though I kinda find it creepy that when playing against Eggman with it on as it can make the screen static and and it stays like that. (It is quite a shame it crash's the game when done on a net game though because it would have been hurlarious to see what people said after it wen't static.)

(0% Grammer)[/code]
Old 12-16-2008   #396
Luisete

You aren't the single person ;) I think personally Super Virus is (I'm not insulting your maestry, JTE) crap. SRB2JTE looses a lot with this.
(Sorry for bad english)

http://luisete.mybrute.com Join mybrute if you want to try a very good game! (And also give me extra experience points :P)
Old 12-16-2008   #397
Bouncey

What does unic mean.

Also back when all it was is a little joke where you used the code and it was fun. (Even though it was often used with the tails doll wad)

Now it freaks people out. (If only the supervirus was replaced with Rick Roll)
Old 12-16-2008   #398
Luisete

WOW THATS A VERY COOL IDEA! And unic means... eeeh... single. Yes! I want to tell you that you aren't single person that the Super Virus seems creepy. (And idiot)

Old 12-16-2008   #399
Bouncey

I don't know what you mean by cool idea since I did was explain how the super virus was before.
Old 12-17-2008   #400
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Unic is not a word, Bouncey. He means only, since the Spanish equivalent is único.