Teleporter Linedef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisk

Okay, I'm having trouble with the Teleport Linedef in srb2, I read the wiki about the Linedef but its not giving me a better explanation of how to use it, Also I tried using the example file, but its still not working.

Can somebody please tell me how to use it?

While I'm not 100% sure, I think it works very much like the teleporter linedef in TeamTNT's Boom source port. I used it a lot in Sonic Doom 2 to simulate the feeling of floor-over-floor.

Blur: Do you know how to set up a linedef executor? That's basically most of the setup involved in making a teleporter. There's a tutorial here for making a door open if it helps: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_executor_tutorial Setting up a teleporter linedef exec is fairly similar, except you only need the one "command", which is the teleporter linedef (unless you wanted to press a button in order to teleport?).

The teleporter linedef itself doesn't need much setup usually; just give the sector you want to teleport to a unique tag, set the linedef's tag to the same number, and place a "Teleport Destination" Thing inside the sector to mark exactly where you want to teleport to. There are many options listed on the wiki, but those are for additional/removing certain effects mostly; the relative teleport thing is best left alone unless you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back