SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 07-02-2017   #1
Tempest
an amateur srb2-er
Default Tails remake

Hey everyone! This thread is about a WAD i'm currently working on. I didn't think of a name yet cuz i'm gonna make all the sprites first.

Basically, it's a Tails remake. He's gonna have the holdfly ability and some other fancy crap.

I made this thread to ask everyone's opinion on the sprites. I'm not gonna make any over-the-top changes, just improve Tails' vanilla sprites. So, whaddya think?

yes i made an account just to post this

Last edited by Tempest; 07-02-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: updated images
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #2
-CG7244-
ewe''

Uh, there's no change really, just you put a smile, also, there's already a tails remake, Smiles (WIP) and TailsCD.

Last edited by -CG7244-; 07-02-2017 at 04:42 PM.
-CG7244- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #3
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

I mean, there's no issue with other people giving it a shot. TailsCD was good but it didn't completely close off the market for Tails remakes like Chuckles did for Knuckles remakes, and Smiles won't be out until 2.2 is (which won't be for a while, probably).

You've made some minor improvements to the shading on the legs and arms, gotten rid of some orangey-brown pixels, and improved the muzzle outline - but there isn't much else going on. No major shape changes for the fact that SSN's work isn't exactly proportionately accurate, the shoes are still a slightly modified version of Sonic's front view despite his ones supposed to be much flatter, and no changes to the shading on the head's weird dark-tinted graduation. A single sprite isn't really enough to base a topic off of or get a good idea of where the project's going, either. Any chance you could share some more?
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm

Last edited by toaster; 07-02-2017 at 04:56 PM.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #4
Tempest
an amateur srb2-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
no changes to the shading on the head's weird dark-tinted graduation.
Hm. Alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
A single sprite isn't really enough to base a topic off of or get a good idea of where the project's going, either. Any chance you could share some more?
Working on that.

Afterall, i'm no master-spriter (in fact, i'm pretty bad at the shading part), so thanks for the advice.
Old 07-02-2017   #5
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

What toaster said is very true, but regardless it's still an improvement over vanilla Tails, and I'd definitely use him. He's adorable! Take the feedback appropriately and I reckon this'll be another decent character to tide us over until Smiles.

Also, I don't know why you'd need it but if you want some Lua done for him, I'm happy to help out.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #6
Boo
Spikes The Echidna

Right now it is just hard to tell how is it going, but you probably just started this, so i wish you luck.

Actually my goal is to fill every single thread i post in with laughs.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #7
Tempest
an amateur srb2-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
What toaster said is very true, but regardless it's still an improvement over vanilla Tails, and I'd definitely use him. He's adorable! Take the feedback appropriately and I reckon this'll be another decent character to tide us over until Smiles.

Also, I don't know why you'd need it but if you want some Lua done for him, I'm happy to help out.
Thanks! And about Lua, i aprecciate you trying to help but, i think i'm just gonna give him the hold-fly ability, now that i think about it. I know a thing or two about Lua, so i think i can do that by myself. No offense tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Right now it is just hard to tell how is it going, but you probably just started this, so i wish you luck.
You're absolutely correct, i made only 2 sprites rn

Thread was updated, added 1 image and improved first sprite.
Old 07-02-2017   #8
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
No offense tho.
Rejecting an offer doesn't offend me, but thanks for the consideration. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Thread was updated, added 1 image and improved first sprite.
The shading definitely looks better. Keep it up!
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote