Jeck Jims' Highpoly MD2s

Jeck Jims, There is a new Cream wad, so you might want to fix the CHEZ.MD2 because the animations aren't right.

The animations are right.... It's just that cheese is humping the air as he catches up with cream, jeck's md2 of cream is currently outdated, well, for cheese at least.

Hey Jeck! Can you please have the Spring Shell Badnik from Techno Hill Zone, the Boss from Deep Sea Zone and Castle Eggman Zone, and everything else (including the gargoyles and other statues, Blue and Red Ring Boxes, and Flags) become MD2 Sprites and while you're doing it, please make all the MD2 things become voxel style so we can get even more 3D models.

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble again, but i believe Jeck (might be) working on these things. Please try to be patient for the next update. It's not like he has a team of modelers for srb2 :P

Note that having ALL the objects as MD2s may cause some little FPS drops in some levels... That's my only fear of MD2s tough.

Jeck, whats up with the addon settings? In the Outdated Releases section, the models are free to be edited, but in this thread, this has no such case... So erm, what is the case with that?

Note that having ALL the objects as MD2s may cause some little FPS drops in some levels... That's my only fear of MD2s tough.

Considering you can run SRB2 on a potato nowadays...dropping your resolution or even your draw distance should fix any FPS drops you get, I'd imagine.

Jeck, whats up with the addon settings? In the Outdated Releases section, the models are free to be edited, but in this thread, this has no such case... So erm, what is the case with that?

My 2.0 thread had several releases not completely my own work (model rips etc) therefore I couldn't say don't edit them.
However, almost all of my current 2.1 release is 100% my own creation, so, not the same case.

Considering you can run SRB2 on a potato nowadays...dropping your resolution or even your draw distance should fix any FPS drops you get, I'd imagine.

If ya want to get the ugliest game ever, be sure to do this:
Play in 640x480, with shitty black borders, or in windowed.
Be sure to change the drawdistance, so you cannot see things far away.

Even if SRB2 can run on a potato, the game itself has limitations, for instance, if the game has to display way too much objects at the same time, it will lag and eventually crash, same thing for huge sectors with tons of objects in them, Tortured Planet as example, even if your PC can run CoD with ultra settings...

An excellent pack of MD2s; I'll always think of this in the occasional chance I'd try out OpenGL mode. By the way, why do the shield MD2s pulsate?

Jeck Jims, now that Metal Sonic has been updated (you might know this already), you should work on the Metal Sonic model again, since there are now custom animations in the wad, the jump sprites have changed, and there are new falling sprites, so just in case you didn't know, I'm telling you here.

Hey Jeck! You should also work on making all the other sprites (Including statues and all of the multiplayer things) to become MD2 and while you're doing that, can you please have the sprites use voxel so they can look even more 3D and cool.

I think what Jeck Jims is using is much better for MD2s, as no one actually gets white textures from him. Secondly, this was already discussed in Virt's MD2 thread, where your suggestion was proven useless against what he was working with. You also recommended most of these things the LAST time you posted in this thread. All I'm suggesting for you is to be patient and wait for the next update, Jeck is already aware of the recent updates and its better suggested that you don't use the metal sonic md2 until further notice... Now lets go back to waiting for a new character to come out instead of begging modelers to make our OpenGL experience much bulkier with 3D models.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say this for the third time, because everybody is ignoring it. How come this doesn't come with MD2s for springs, while Jeck's previous MD2 packs came with spring MD2s? And is nobody going to pay attention to Pixel-Voxel's post? Because that color-change attempt turned out pretty good.

I'm having problems with red and blue team monitor MD2s. While regular monitor MD2s work fine, red and blue team monitor MD2s grow and shrink rapidly instead of having a flashing texture on the screen like they're supposed to.

Last edited:
The Red and Blue Team monitor MD2s at this moment should be confirmed: Broken. But i don't know about those sign posts... maybe you can replace them yourself?

These are the goal signposts and 1-Up monitors I'm talking about. (NOTE: The sprite images have been up-scaled so that you don't have to squint to compare them to the MD2 images.)

First, there's Sonic's goal signposts.

Sprite version (Found in game)

2rrkjk4.jpg

MD2 version (Found in Sonic's MD2 textures)

2yyvbra.jpg

Next, there's Amy's/Rosy's 1-Up monitors.

Sprite version (Found in game)

2ahwt3b.jpg

MD2 version (Found in Amy's/Rosy's MD2 textures)

qq3lhz.jpg

So what's with these MD2 versions of goal signposts and 1-Up monitors that don't appear in the game? Is there something else I have to download to get them to work or are they just unused?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back