SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 06-19-2011   #1
ZX
Shrine Maiden of Asskickery

Default Graphical Issues in Netgames

This has been going on since I downloaded SRB2 on this laptop. Every time I go into a Netgame, some kind of lag strikes that makes it seem like frames are being dropped constantly, when in reality, it's running a constant 33-35 FPS.

I'm running a 2.00GB RAM Toshiba Satellite C655 Series laptop. The OS is a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS with a 2.2 GHz AMD V120 Processor. The graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series card.

My old laptop with lower-grade specs didn't/doesn't have this problem, so I honestly don't know what the problem is. And it can't be the router/modem's fault since, as I said, it still works dandy on my old laptop.

Please note I am running the game in software mode. I have not attempted to use OGL yet.

Any ideas?

Last edited by ZX; 06-19-2011 at 10:08 PM.
ZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011   #2
Cilan
Aka Sunshine

Have you tried freeing up space on your computer? Too much stuff could cause it to run slowly. I had a problem like this once, fixed by removing most stuff off my desktop and cleaning out my computer. Maybe it depends, if it doesn't lag in single player, it' could be lag in the netgame itself.
ERECTIO- I'll stop.
Cilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #3
ZX
Shrine Maiden of Asskickery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilan View Post
Have you tried freeing up space on your computer? Too much stuff could cause it to run slowly. I had a problem like this once, fixed by removing most stuff off my desktop and cleaning out my computer. Maybe it depends, if it doesn't lag in single player, it' could be lag in the netgame itself.
Yeah, it's fine in Single Player. When I host Netgames, I don't lag, and nobody else complains of it (at least, they haven't yet).

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if the problem fixes itself or not.
Old 06-20-2011   #4
Autosaver

Hmm, another person that was able to run it before on another computer but can't get it to run on Windows 7.
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35846

It might be a coincidence but I don't know for sure.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote