Megaman 10: Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. Thank you, Capcom. This just made my day.

Also, that concept art looks pretty badass, imho.

Man alive, they certaintly took that awful early boxart and made something awesome out of it.

Sheepman reminds me of Mareep.

Last edited:
So I guess the fanmade MegaMan 10 that was in the works is going to be scrapped. :<
Sucks for megaphilX, pretty cool thing for capcom to do though.

Please Capcom... do the world a favor and make Mega Man 10 have support for Widescreen tvs. Curse you Megaman 9 and your black bars on each side of the telivision screen ! Seriously, a stretch option atleast would be very much welcome.

8bitmegaman10.png

Else the game is worthless.

I must be dreaming. There is no possible way this is real.

I hope there's another female Robot Master, I don't think Splash Woman was enough.

I swear to god, if MM10 uses 8-bit graphics like MM9, I will go on a rampage.

Like it should matter. Yea a retro Mega Man game with remade graphics would be great and Capcom should do it again (well, excluding the Powered up cartoon look), but I think they wanted us to only focus on gameplay, not visuals.

Anyway I enjoyed 9, and 10 does seem worth the hype despite what others may say. Sheep Man doesn't seem to original but then again neither were a few other Robots. But seeing the releases of 9 & 10, I wonder if Capcom might conclude this era leading to Rock's possible fate? Eh... I'll keep dreaming

@Chaos Knux: Mega Man vs Zero? Lame... Zero would destroy everything thus making the 21XX era zip.

Last edited:
Well, more to the point, there's an advantage of using 8-bit pixel art for something like this. Not only is it nostalgic (something that games like this are trying to evoke), it's also much cheaper to produce than more modern graphics. This allows them to build the game cheaper and sell it for a low price, like Mega Man 9.

Personally I think this is the best gaming news in quite a while. This implies that Mega Man 9 sold well, which bodes well for me because I am directly in the target audience for games like this. More games catering to my taste can only be a positive, IMO.

Well, more to the point, there's an advantage of using 8-bit pixel art for something like this. Not only is it nostalgic (something that games like this are trying to evoke), it's also much cheaper to produce than more modern graphics. This allows them to build the game cheaper and sell it for a low price, like Mega Man 9.

To add to this, if Capcom had used Mega Man 7 or 8 graphics, his sprites would have been almost twice as tall, which in turn means less screen size / you're a bigger target. In the 8-bit look, you've got a lot of room to see and move around you.

Megaman 8 wasn't really that bad. It was mainly Megaman 7 that was offensive.

This is fine:
mega_man_8_image14.jpg

This is not:
Mega+Man+7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back