Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Just to emphasize, we had a Match stage back shortly before I joined which replicated Amy's Room from Sonic Battle. Aside from sucking (Battle stages don't work in SRB2), it had a custom ANIMATED lump that didn't account for all the other animated textures in the IWAD, meaning water et al. never animated. It was a rather big mess.
It was actually Club Rouge, and was titled "Nightside Rouge", though I forget who made it. Might've been Roboashura.

Amy's Room would probably have been marginally worse than Sonict's motherboard level.
It was Digiku who made Nightside Rouge Zone.

I'm the reason why Match entries can't have custom textures anymore :D Plus, I was gonna make an Amy's Room level! That was the reason why I requested the Flat Alignment feature :)

Main point is: Yes, MP levels can't have custom flats, textures, or lumps because they're part of a single package. If you replace certain graphics, all the other MP levels have the same graphics replaced -- and that's totally undesirable. SP levels don't have this problem because they're packaged separately, and you can replace whatever you want.

Last edited:
No progress on MFZ1 due to some issues with my computer and other distractions. Minus polish and bugfixing though, the layout is about 50% there. Hopefully, I won't get Error 5 as often on this computer, and I'll be able to start working on it again.

These stupid puppies aren't eating up much time, so I will be entering the contest (I'm sick of these change of plans.) with a fresh map for the SP division: Act 1 of Gothic Gardens Zone. What was working of my previous attempt, Battle Fleet Zone Act 2 will be ported over as the last part of the act.

I'd show screens, but there's two problems:
A: Hardly any Things are in yet
B: Battle Fleet Zone Act 2's tags are still being changed, the Act won't work properly until I finish.

Last edited:
5oyslg.png

This is where we come up from the last video.

Go down an elevator and find yourself...

inc1ur.png

In a factory of sorts.

I'm the reason why Match entries can't have custom textures anymore :D Plus, I was gonna make an Amy's Room level! That was the reason why I requested the Flat Alignment feature :)

Main point is: Yes, MP levels can't have custom flats, textures, or lumps because they're part of a single package. If you replace certain graphics, all the other MP levels have the same graphics replaced -- and that's totally undesirable. SP levels don't have this problem because they're packaged separately, and you can replace whatever you want.
I can totally understand this point of view, but it's pretty sad that there is never a single contest where you can include more than just a map. Linedefs only go so far, man.

Boo, bizarro Aerial Garden.

I can totally understand this point of view, but it's pretty sad that there is never a single contest where you can include more than just a map. Linedefs only go so far, man.

Thing of it was, I abused custom graphics like crazy, I loved doing that. I think I used customs in two maps before Mystic said "no more!" 'cause it was becoming an inconvenience for him.

srb20049.png

Alright, I have this level just about done, but i need to do some difficulty tweaks. Also, in retrospect, those areas look really bland from here... I better fix that too.

srb20051.png

It also contains a cavern area.
...A cavern area in desperate need of new textures. V_V'

Those posts can't be right, It's only September 30th.

Anyways, about GGZ1? It's done, and has been sent to FuriousFox in an attachment via my mail.com account. It will be redone after the contest, with more routes, better thing placement, and the other two Acts.

Last edited:
So far, we have 1 Singleplayer, 1 Match, and 1 Circuit level submitted for the contest. (Which is actually pretty normal, considering most people tend to send their wads in at the last minute.)

1 month left, get working on those wads. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back