eastereggs (without extra crap on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More specifically, it's a joke wad. And yes, It does just replace many random sprites. But it was something that I made when I was bord over the summer.

It's not really a mod, if you just replaced some sprites, and stuff. A mod has a big-ish variety of levels. Look at mods like Mystic Realm, Acid missile, and that lot. Those are mods. Make at least a few stages before considering making a mod.

HYPERKNUX said:
It's not really a mod, if you just replaced some sprites, and stuff. A mod has a big-ish variety of levels. Look at mods like Mystic Realm, Acid missile, and that lot. Those are mods. Make at least a few stages before considering making a mod.

True, but the reason for that is that I am a spriter, not a good programer, or 3D modler for that matter! I am good at spriting, but not at any of that other stuff. But, that doesn't mean that I can't compile or replace. (XWE Stuff)

HYPERKNUX said:

"Mod" is short for "modification." Which, if you're not aware, means "Change." So if you were to make Sonic's shoes blue, it'd be considered a Mod. An extremely minor mod, but still a mod.

TheSlyder said:
HYPERKNUX said:

"Mod" is short for "modification." Which, if you're not aware, means "Change." So if you were to make Sonic's shoes blue, it'd be considered a Mod. An extremely minor mod, but still a mod.

Dude! Textbook case man! I'd call you a geek of a nerd for typing that, but that be making me a hypocrite! (jk) Thanks for the tip and for, if you meant to, backing me up! All Sonic Nerds Are Freaking Sweet!!!!!!!!!
(That was a compliment)

TheSlyder said:
HYPERKNUX said:

Yes, but SRB2 "Mods" are often considered to be something major that changes SRB2 totally. Botanic Serenity, Mystic Realm, Acid Missile, etc. The rest is a simple edit. Also, if you made Sonic's shoes blue, it'd be considered a "recolor" and not a "mod", so that really wasn't the best example. While literally you are correct, things aren't taken literally here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back