SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Group hugs CZ64 and Draykon* This is awesome news. I can't wait until I get home to download it! (I'm at my Mum's shop right now)

I'll give my thoughts when I get home.

By the way, you can't have a finished AmyRider yet. I have some ideas to improve it, but I'll need a spritesheet of Sonic Rider to speed things up. (so answer my damn PM, CZ64!)

In Software those giant waterwheels glitch up.
There's an open spot in the fence in Splash Canyon right before you go into the cave.
It needs DLL files that I never had. Maybe you should include them in the next release? Needed are libpng13.dll and zlib1.dll.
There is a big graphical bug with the Zoom Tube in Green Forest. If you just moved the waypoint a bit...

^Take note of this.

Well I played it, and I must say that I'm impressed. Other than the DLL problems (I <3 U DLL-files.com), it's a job well done.

The air system took a little getting used to, but it was ok once I did. However, the addition of the normal SRB2 race stages to the default roster wasn't a good idea, as they don't go well with it. The Sonic R stages were a surprising addition too, but they're a bit too cramped for SRB2 Riders.

Also, there are a few minor bugs that still need to be ironed out, but I forgot what they were now.

And for my favorite part:

That really touched me, thanks much.

The VC++ project merges the linpng and Zlib code into the EXE, removing the need for the dlls, but the Dev-C++ project wasn't updated to do that

if you were using the latest code off the svn tree, the addon DLLs would not be need. The Dev C++ project was updated after 1.09.4 in the svn tree at svn://lawarias.game-server.cc/ to be more inline with the VC++ project settings

you can also look at the code on the svn tree at http://lawarias.game-server.cc:81/trac/

Yes? No? Maybe?

EDIT: Oky doky, I've played through this thing.

Pros:
1. WOOT!
2. Seems faster.
3. Funny billbords in Metal City.
4. Railling in Splash Canyon.
5. More stuff added.

Cons:
1. The Sonic R stages you added simply do not work in this mod. Way to small.
2. The only part of Sonic that color changes is his glasses.
3. Eww, Sonic R music in the Sonic R stages.
4. Auto-taunts FTP. (EDIT: <- I have no idea why that's a link, nor where it leads to.)

Logan_GBA said:
The VC++ project merges the linpng and Zlib code into the EXE, removing the need for the dlls, but the Dev-C++ project wasn't updated to do that

if you were using the latest code off the svn tree, the addon DLLs would not be need. The Dev C++ project was updated after 1.09.4 in the svn tree at svn://lawarias.game-server.cc/ to be more inline with the VC++ project settings

you can also look at the code on the svn tree at http://lawarias.game-server.cc:81/trac/

Awesome, more headache-indusing SVN stuff I don't understand :D

For those of you without the DLLs, just google the name of the dll you're missing, and you'll find a nice little download page.

Uhh.. I found some Sonic Riders Voices from SFGHQ, which I used for my Jet the Hawk wad. The voices in this are Aiai, Amy, Cream, the Egg Factory computer, Eggman, Jet, Knuckles, Robo 1 (E-1000?), Robo 2 (E-2000?), Rouge, Shadow, Sonic, Storm, Tails, Ulala, and Wave. Yet I don't think you're going to be using all of them. But yeah, http://www.sendspace.com/file/vwo64k

This is really fun. Though, I've seen no one host on that EXE... But I havn't checked today. I love the air system. There some times a little too fast. Like tail for instants, He immediately accelerates, an is FASTER than sonic. My favorite map out of all of them was the egg factory, and the Babylon garden thing.

Yeah it is surprisingly. I didn't think you could at first, then I went to the join an the game wasn't modified so yeah, I guess you could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back