• 1-> It's the best one ever,totally worth 80-100$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-> I like it but its not as good as....insert FF# in post

• 3-> It's meh

• 4-> The new concept scares me a tad

• 5-> This game is hard(in a good/bad way?)

• 6-> I rather dislike this game

• 7-> This game is so bad I will cut myself now*screams in pain*

• 8->........(words cannot express my joy)

• 9->.......(words cannot express my anger)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Zero

I got Final Fantasy 12 and I want to know what others think of it

Let me start.

I really like this game, it goes outside the box in a GOOD way(thats an exeptional comment since usualy I dont like outside the box things)

I don't, however, like how most of the music(or at least the music STYLE is from tactics)

I like the good AI system of gambits, the way you set them greatly effects the outcome of battle(unless your REALLY fast at command giving)

If you said 3, 7, 6 or especialy 9. then I rather dislike YOU

however I can relate...

Oh, my bad. I was thinking about the FF for PS3. I don't really like FF, I find it to be a game full of sword-weilding emos who go on long repetitive quests killing monsters who don't mind waiting hours for the player to choose his next move. But then again, things might have changed. Should I note I've only played FF6.

^lol, I've only Played FF9, where the baddies are impatient and hit you with a Nuke Spell to high for your level to survive every ten seconds. And it still has the Sword wielding emoes =D.

Ugh, I hope number twelve fixes up on this. if they didn't, we're all ****.

Com said:
Oh, my bad. I was thinking about the FF for PS3. I don't really like FF, I find it to be a game full of sword-weilding emos who go on long repetitive quests killing monsters who don't mind waiting hours for the player to choose his next move. But then again, things might have changed. Should I note I've only played FF6.

oh BELIEVE me they in NO WAY wait for hours in this game, this game is hard as **** in a good way though i like a challenging game.

They already have a FF on PS3. now I HAVE to get that system.

I don't really know much about RPGs, and I don't perfer playing them either. Lets just say FF6 was a bad experience. It was mostly luck based.
But when it comes to the PS3, wait for the price to drop, more games to come out, and all the major bugs to be fixed. (And no, I am a Wii fan who CAN ACTUALLY RESPECT THE PS3!!) :roll:

I second your respect Notion, although I do not like the Addition of Blu Ray for DVDs...seriously who actually sits 25 feet away from the TV?

Anyway, my sis Plans to get this. I'll play it after she beats it. We're skipping 11 for Obivous reasons. If they aren't obvious, read about it...

This game is seriously amzing...
Take everything you hate about Final Fantasy and throw it out the window and bring in Vigrant Story elements and you have XII.
This games story harkens back to the days of IV and VI (And with VI being my fav game in the series, this is good)....
No stupidly contrived love stories or emo boys here, just a awesome epic war plot that would make Tom Clancy a very happy boy...

Yeah, Kroze, it is seriously the best RPG in a long time. All the good stuff about Final Fantasy with the awful parts removed. Finally removing random battles really does a lot. It's 10 years late for them to remove them, but they at least did a great job now that they've finally gotten around to it.

I've been slowly playing through it and enjoying it a huge amount.

I seriously tought there couldn't be more series then as in the Mario Party/Fifa football series. Seems i'm terribly wrong. 12 whole series of Final Fantasy?

Ok, I'll admit. The FF series are quite good, but they could give the newest FF a differen't sidename everytime.

Super mystic sonic said:
I seriously tought there couldn't be more series then as in the Mario Party/Fifa football series. Seems i'm terribly wrong. 12 whole series of Final Fantasy?

Ok, I'll admit. The FF series are quite good, but they could give the newest FF a differen't sidename everytime.

SMS, unlike XI which didn't deserve to be named a numbered FF game this one IS a true FF game all the way worthy of the title...
The reason why there are so many games in the series is because how long its been going for...
Its not like they threw out 12 games overnight you know...

And there are enough FF spinoff titles already...

Com said:

You totally need to play XII, because things have changed.

That said, I haven't played it for myself; I just watched my best friend play it for five hours or so. I loved watching it. It looked to me like Final fantasy XI but offline, single-player, and faster, and that made me all warm and cuddly inside.

I also love the new soundtrack; I'm not sure why some people don't. Sakimoto's music always has a lot more overall quality to it. With Uematsu, I tend to hear soundtracks that have 10 or 20 fantastic songs, 30 or 40 alright ones, and 5 to 10 stinkers. XII's entire getup doesn't have anything absolutely jaw-dropping, but it's quality level stays high all around; no stinkers, no lukewarm, no moderate. All good to great.

Then again, it also helps that I'm a fan of orchestral. If you go into this game expecting techno, you'll be disappointed.

Orchestral is Good...

I did some research on the Battle System. As already mentioned by Arrow, it's just like FFXI. Basically, your two Computer controlled buddies are controlled by Gambits- A new Commands system that I didn't look into very much. Basically, you're still riding on the ATB guage, but now you can move around Freely. That makes me feel Fuzzy, too, because it now removes the *HIT THE BUTTON REPITIDLY AND WIN LAWL* Theory from it. Yay, and now to use Spells you need a Liscences... I don't personally know how this will turn out, but from what I read, killing an enemy gives you lisence points that you can distribute to able to use Spells. But to actually HAVE the spell, you have to buy it from a Shop of Sorts. I didn't really look into it overall, but go me! I did research =D

Gambits are optional. Whatever site claimed the two other characters are always controlled by them is wrong.

My friend is about 30 hours into the game, and only Gambit he's bothered with is having his primary three characters automatically cast Cure when they're health gets lower than 50 HP.

What you probably meant to say is that your two other characters are simply controlled by computer AI... but it's limited unless you use Gambits. They'll generally just attack until you tell them to do something else by manually navigating their menus for a second. Only with Gambits will they do more thorough automated fighting, like using summons, spells, etc.

I was honestly impressed by the game, big time. The amount of customization is mind-boggling, and unlike other games, it actually makes a difference. I personally thought that the regular story was a little short, but the fact that I'm missing the ultimate weapons and armors, as well as most of the Espers clues me into the fact that I'm missing a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back