SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, are we allowed to borrow textures from this for our own purpouces? Like the Azure City ones? I could really use them for my OLDC SP level.

srb20016.png

srb20019.png

srb20020.png

I can has cookie nao? :3

For those uninformed, you're SUPPOSED to be 2D in this area.

also, blade is a pervert
please do something about cream's poor and fragile dignity ;~;

EDIT:
srb20022.png

srb20023.png

srb20024.png

With this route being used this way, combined with the above route, AND switching between Cream and Knux, I can do a lap here in about 1:27, but if I REALLY tried, I bet I can chop off a few seconds. IIRC, a Sonic can do this track in about 1:28 or so.

...Yeah, this map is broken as hell.

Last edited:
Heck, I don't know how the Source Code works, but I'll give you this: 2.x's src has changed enough from 1.x that it's extremely hard to convert 1.x to 2.x, and when it happens, it takes forever.

Heck, I don't know how the Source Code works, but I'll give you this: 2.x's src has changed enough from 1.x that it's extremely hard to convert 1.x to 2.x, and when it happens, it takes forever.

Quite correct. Sonic Team Jr. DID take 3-4 years to port 1.09.4 to 2.0. I think I can wait for the mod to finish.

Off/on (I don't know) topic: Maybe we could make an editor and .ridr addon system that allows you to ADD possibly gained items, and code your own effects.

Off/on (I don't know) topic: Maybe we could make an editor and .ridr addon system that allows you to ADD possibly gained items, and code your own effects.

I have to agree with this. Although an editor for SRB2Riders once it has come out would be nice...

You guys do know you can make the levels in SRB2 Doom Builder like normal SRB2 levels. You don't need a fancy editor except for the different things and sector types in which you'll needa config. Nothing else needed.

Yes, you can. Just you need to look at the different types of things and you need to make the levels in V1.09.4.

kirby-warpstar.png

kirby-wheelierider.png

metaknight.png

I wonder what these will be used for...?

Also guys, I'm redoing my Battleship Halberd Map. Should be less annoying once I finish it.

Also guys, I'm redoing my Battleship Halberd Map. Should be less annoying once I finish it.

It's only annoying to YOU because YOU lost on YOUR OWN MAP against me.

and it was lol

...And I like the old version :<
The only issue was that some hallways needed widening so that it's possible to avoid bombs.
Can't we have BOTH?

This has been getting on me. Two things which would make this mod a bit better.

1. The custom opening you shohwed us before was epic and it would be awesome if someone could do the same, just shorter and more SRB2 styled.

2. Maybe after you finish the normal story, would it be possible to create some new Riders map for a story slightly based on SRB2's time, like in between SRB1 and SRB2.

Those ideas are way out there, and most probably, no one would do them, but just seeing if they're any use. I think a few more maps on boards would be good.

1. We're talking about actual animation here. I couldn't even do simple cutscenes for the story mode I wanted before, it's just too many sprites that had to be resized and cleaned up. Although I was thinking of giving Story mode another shot, with a comic theme to it.

2. Sure. You provide said maps, and I'll add it in.

And a Riders editor? Sounds more like an edited SOCEdit that's compatible with Riders. Still, I'm planning on simply porting Riders first without any huge additions, and letting people's comments, rants, etc. come in first before I release the next version.

But progress is still put on hold. I ain't the one deciding when it'll be back in action, that decision rest on someone else entirely.

If I'm understanding Violo correctly, he's saying that there should be racetracks similar to the actual SRB2 levels, such as Greenflower Zone and Deep Sea Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back