New Sonic nextgen stuff (new screens + storyline overview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexmonk0

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704896p1.html

...It apears this game seems to be taking a more fantasy esque aproach to the Sonic series (unlike the real world feel of most of the recent titles). Screens are looking nice, storyline isn't sounding to shabby either...until I got to this...
The new rival, basically a cream-colored furry that looks remarkably like Sonic, appears in the following cutscene
:(

I hope to hell its not another emo :| (but lets face it, it more than likely is :( )

Adventure fields w00t!

The new rival, basically a cream-colored furry that looks remarkably like Sonic, appears in the following cutscene

Basically, what they're trying to say is...

The new rival is another sonic clone like shadow, we're running out of new ideas for characters, so BOO HOO FOR YOU!

Town stages. Non-linearity. 5"10 sonic. I may get a PS3(or XBox 360) in order to stay with the sonic franchize, because it appears to be getting better.

The thing that bugs me is.

Sega said:
SEGA has grown Sonic into an adult by means of a few simple techniques.

NexGenSonic said:
Sonic-JR get back to your room

XD but seriously though it seem's quite scary that infact.

NexGenEggman said:
In my day I tryed to stop that pesky hedgehog Sonic but never did.

XD but realy tough that freaks me out.

Alright, where is everyone getting the idea that the new hedgehog is an emo punk entirely reminiscent of Shadow? Come on. Shadow WAS emo because of all his angsty "the world hates me, why did you die MARIAAAA, you all will DIE" rants. This guy figures that Sonic is somethin' real bad (note: he calls Sonic the "Iblis Trigger" - Iblis is Islam's equivalent of Satan), and is either trying to stop Sonic from unleashing it, or trying to harbor it for his own good. Where the HELL is the angst in that?

Exactly my point, Shadow Hog. I think the new character's of some sort of indigenous tribe, like Tikal was.

Next gen graphics. Last gen gameplay. Look at the screenshots. It's the same old "path over a bottomless pit" that was old back in Sonic Adventure in 1999. Who cares about this game? Not me.

Mystic said:
Next gen graphics. Last gen gameplay. Look at the screenshots. It's the same old "path over a bottomless pit" that was old back in Sonic Adventure in 1999. Who cares about this game? Not me.

I agree.

I give up on Sonic Team. They'll never be able to recreate old Sonic gameplay, which you guys have been doing well for over 5 years. I'd like to see Sonic Team go three games without introducing a new character.

And IIRC, Sonic CD only had one bottomless pit.

Bigboi said:
I give up on Sonic Team. They'll never be able to recreate old Sonic gameplay, which you guys have been doing well for over 5 years. I'd like to see Sonic Team go three games without introducing a new character.
I'd like 'em to go one, at least.

Bah, you guys give up hope way too fast. I'd prefer to keep cautious optimism instead of complete apathy.

Besides, they're re-adding the Adventure Fields, and apparently the Action Stages, while still very "path over a bottomless pit", are much more vast, diverse, and have tons of secrets hidden for the slower player to find. Bottomless pits or no, this does sound like the best Sonic game since Adventure (not that it has much in the way of competition), and might actually be worth playing.

In other news, I swear I sound like Omega or something.

0_0

That game looks seriously good.

aside from the new sonic clone. Isn't Shadow enough? sheesh. at least make it another fox or something.

scan0005.jpg

Link

Still remaining cautiously optimistic. However, it seems a majority here likes to whine, so go on, I know you want to.

Me? Well, the white guy doesn't look so hot, and the inclusion of Shadow just boggles me, but the fact that there's a PC port makes this all the more interesting to me. (And no, the emphasis was NOT mine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back