The best movie of a Sonic Video game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic 3.

Knuckles PUNCHES SONIC WHEN HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE INVINCIBLE, forever solidifying his badassery, even in his nerf'd and retarded modern day form in the current games.

...Oh, and Tails crashes the plane so we have an excuse to go all over Angel Island to find him and Eggman, which spanned over the width of two games.

Sonic 3.

Knuckles PUNCHES SONIC WHEN HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE INVINCIBLE, forever solidifying his badassery, even in his nerf'd and retarded modern day form in the current games.

Yeah, but then there's that scene in the second act of Launch Base where he punches Sonic's Eggmobile, knocks Sonic back maybe a few feet, and then chuckles, only to fall into the drink seconds later. That always seemed comically anti-climatic to me.

As for the question at hand... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7H6tzrWoFQ&feature=related ...So very epic...

A close contender would be the end of Sonic's story in the same game. The best part is when Sonic tries to lip-sync his own theme song.

Here is a checklist of all the game we need.
Sonic adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic adv 1,2 & 3
Shadow The hedgehog
Sonic Next Gen
Sonic Riders
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic & the Black Knight
Sonic and the secret rings

I don't think any other game had movies in them.

Here is a checklist of all the game we need.
Sonic adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic adv 1,2 & 3
Shadow The hedgehog
Sonic Next Gen
Sonic Riders
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic & the Black Knight
Sonic and the secret rings

I don't think any other game had movies in them.

You missed Sonic 3&K and Sonic CD.

Sonic CD Opening. I'm not nearly as much of a fan of the ending, but the opening is basically taking the Sonic games and animating what the gameplay would look like if transported into the real world.

I'm going with all the Sonic CD love. If they ever made another Sonic anime, that's all it should be: Just Sonic running around blowing up tons of robots and being awesome.

Sonic CD love all around. It really is epic. Plus, the ending was just as fantastic showing beautifully drawn representations of the levels you just played through. It can't get any better than that.

And then there's the opening for Sonic Unleashed. Any moment when there's CG animation from VE Animation Studios, it is gorgeous. If you ignore all the flaws of the story told in the scenes (Dark Gaia, Werehog and so on) you'll find some of the best CG animation related to Sonic EVER. So good that it practically imitates a PIXAR movie. Heck, it even made Werehog look cool by detailing every single hair on his body with some awesome wind effects. If there's anything SEGA excels at, it's eye candy, and they prove just that game after game. Now if only the gameplay and storyline had as much effort put into them.

I'm going with all the Sonic CD love. If they ever made another Sonic anime, that's all it should be: Just Sonic running around blowing up tons of robots and being awesome.
Nah, I'd rather have a show in the same light of Sonic CD in terms of camera work and action but with the art and storytelling of SatAM. Besides, a tv show needs a story. Why else would you watch it?

Sonic CD had the best opening and ending. I like how they made cutscenes of Sonic going through every zone in the game in the credits and the music fit it very well also.

Yeah, but then there's that scene in the second act of Launch Base where he punches Sonic's Eggmobile, knocks Sonic back maybe a few feet, and then chuckles, only to fall into the drink seconds later. That always seemed comically anti-climatic to me.
Ha! I remember that! That made me laugh a lot.

If I were to go on the nostalgic side, definetly Sonic CD opening and ending. My favorite recent game scene has got to be the Sonic Unleashed opening though. Eggman was so badass right there, taking SUPER SONIC down so easily and draining his energy plus the Chaos Emeralds'. Sonic for once got OWNED, 'nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back