Was wondering if there was a good PSP port of this around

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have already said SRB2 does run on the PSP. Hell I even said it near the start of the topic. I just mentioned it runs slow because no one here is capable of trying to optimize the code to better suit the PSP.

I knew that SRB2 was ported, but that engine was running so smoothly so I was wondering why it wouldn't work. I'd optimize the code myself if I were any good at it, but I've never really touched any form of coding at all.

There are multiple reasons why a doom port on the PSP would run better.

* Small rooms
* Small levels
* No FOFs
* Optimized code

I think that is it.

I think an ipod touch/iphone port would be a better idea. I mean just think of your iphone like the wiimote, would work perfect. iphone= 412 mhz processor 128 megs of ram. Ipod touch 2g = 567 mhz 128 megs of ram. Reason the ipod touch 2g(not 1g or whatever you call first gen) runs at 567 mhz is because of battery life, it has no antenna etc. They both share the same processor. So yeah I think an iphone/ipod touch port would be better suited. Jail breaked cydia app of course.

And of course I can't help, I only know java... :(

JigglyWiggly said:
I think an ipod touch/iphone port would be a better idea. I mean just think of your iphone like the wiimote, would work perfect. iphone= 412 mhz processor 128 megs of ram. Ipod touch 2g = 567 mhz 128 megs of ram. Reason the ipod touch 2g(not 1g or whatever you call first gen) runs at 567 mhz is because of battery life, it has no antenna etc. They both share the same processor. So yeah I think an iphone/ipod touch port would be better suited. Jail breaked cydia app of course.

And of course I can't help, I only know java... :(
Please tel me you're not serious. Do you have any idea how horrible the controls would be?

No the controls wouldn't be that bad, and you could always get the icontrolpad. Course I doubt it would work anyway, emulators already struggle on its 412 mhz processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back