• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Carlos´s Spriting Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLide KS

Sometimes I sprite "things"
Hello, im doing my map called "Haunted House" and im doing the sprites first, so, here´s the sprites (It is in development). Which is your Opinion?

SnbpUR0.png
uqRXV0m.png
Fi1jR4d.png

Last edited:
Personally, they look nice.
But I'd suggest you first start off with the basics of the map, then pay attention to the Sprites.

Looking neat! Keep up the good work c:

You don't need the map to be done before the sprites, Zero. Sometimes, sprites help light the way in their development.

How i can do an transparent enemy? (i use soc block to do enemies).

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Well, the Phantom is finished, now i will do the map (if i have other ideas for the map, i will add it)

FNmmrYS.gif

Last edited:
Nice work so far man! :)
One thing you should note though; consistency. Take a look at the shading of your ghost sprite. See how it bounces around almost unnaturally with each turn? Try and make it more consistent throughout the rotation.

How i can do an transparent enemy? (i use soc block to do enemies).

On the SpriteFrame parameter in the state definitions, you can add flags, like
Code:
SpriteFrame = A | TR_TRANSn
n being a number between 0 and 100 and that is a multiple of 10. (TR_TRANS10, TR_TRANS50 etc)

Also to second what Speedwagon said, the foreground hand on the front side angle should be shifted to the left a bit IMO.

On the SpriteFrame parameter in the state definitions, you can add flags, like
Code:
SpriteFrame = A | TR_TRANSn
n being a number between 0 and 100 and that is a multiple of 10. (TR_TRANS10, TR_TRANS50 etc)

Also to second what Speedwagon said, the foreground hand on the front side angle should be shifted to the left a bit IMO.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Nice work so far man! :)
One thing you should note though; consistency. Take a look at the shading of your ghost sprite. See how it bounces around almost unnaturally with each turn? Try and make it more consistent throughout the rotation.

Ooooh, i did not see it, thanks for notice it :D

Actually, you should split the enemy into two sprites for the best effect: the ghostly body being transparent, and the red eyes not, as well as fullbright.

Much Better Lat´? i changed the hands to opened hands.

And Speedwagon, i fixed the shading of the sprite, so, i think, I THINK, it no bounces, so, thats good right?

LTF3Ce7.gif

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Actually, you should split the enemy into two sprites for the best effect: the ghostly body being transparent, and the red eyes not, as well as fullbright.

Good idea. But it needs other frame for the eyes only, and it needs a LUA hook, and idk how to do luas. :)

EDIT: Woops sorry, triple post.

The front and back frames are still inconsistent to the rest. The shading at the bottom is darker and the tail curves more, and the shading at the top of the head is thicker on the back sprite. Overall an improvement from the last one, though!

Well, im beginner on "Aseprite", and its too easy to use, now i can sprite with more details.

UWQZtSj.gif

Well, im beginner on "Aseprite", and its too easy to use, now i can sprite with more details.

UWQZtSj.gif
Seems to be pretty cool program that can maybe help me too and one of it's features is apperently is pallete restriction so this automatic pro shadin would not go out of SRB2's pallete.

Seems to be pretty cool program that can maybe help me too and one of it's features is apperently is pallete restriction so this automatic pro shadin would not go out of SRB2's pallete.

The image are indexed, so you are free to smooth the sprites without any worry.

An old enemy backs to srb2....

dhf25zL.png

so this is basically the map of haunted house, and about the ghosts, are still in development.

Last edited:
Gawddamnit EXE! When are you not bragging me about coffee?!

But in all seriousness, I can't wait to see where this goes.

The function that it is going to do, it is that it takes you to a spacious world, where you are going to fight with him (on this house, will appear, TD, sonic.exe and I was not thinking who I am going to put in the level).

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Apart from it, this is to demonstrate my skills of doing sprites and maps, so also I am working, in the second project, is the map of garrys mod, construct, this map, only it serves for certain things: match, cooperative (only in cooperative there can be do roleplays, parties, hangouts, etc), tag and hide&seek.

0T4U709.png

Last edited:
An old enemy backs to srb2....

dhf25zL.png

so this is basically the map of haunted house, and about the ghosts, are still in development.

Its.... looking a bit too dark. Are you trying to make jumpscares? I do see an old friend though. Sonic.exe in the corner

Last edited:
Please don't do sonic.exe man. That creepy pasta is so bad and there is nothing scary or interesting about it. Stop feeding the flames.

Other then that, would be pretty interesting to have a jumpscare mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back