SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2009   #21
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior
Sonic Drift sucked. It was fun for like the first five minutes, then it was the same damn thing over and over again.

We didn't even compare this to Sonic Drift in any other way than the fact that Sonic's in a car again, so I don't even know what your point is.
Quote:
Sonic's in a car? Not again...
And that's why Sonic Drift sucks :D
Sonic in a car does not make X game suck. :p
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #22
jet
Jet the Hedgehog
 
jet's Avatar
Default

I hope that its something like mario kart DS.
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #23
Shadow Hog
Developer
 
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Default

I'd like to point out that this is a Sega racer. And that Sega racers are typically quite awesome. Even if this one has mascots (and presumably Mario Kart-esque items), there's a high likelihood that this will be no different.
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #24
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much
 
tailsmastermind's Avatar
Default

Oh, and to defend myself, I am able to ask questions aren't I? Was I complaining? Really, I was just highly confused on why Tails at least didn't have some Tornado model or something. I really can't say much about the game due to the fact that 0 game play was shown at all. So right now I'm not for or against the idea, but it seams Sega is starting to get into the spin-offs. I mean, Olympics... Tennis... *Waits for Sonic Shuffle remake*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonict
Also, you spelling and grammar is horrible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
tailsmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #25
NINJA COW
 
NINJA COW's Avatar
Default

I have played very few extremely BAD racing games. If this is anything like Mario Kart I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
__________________
"It was never about chivilry for me... I just gotta do what I gotta do, that's all."

Random Sonic quote.
NINJA COW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #26
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver
Quote:
And that's why Sonic Drift sucks :D
Sonic in a car does not make X game suck. :p
Uh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrus
And that's why Sonic Drift sucks :D

Lame references aside, I'm expecting some good things out of this.
Where are you getting the idea that we're shrugging off the game just because Sonic's in a car, Autosaver?
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #27
Shadow Hog
Developer
 
Shadow Hog's Avatar
Default

Probably because people on pretty much every other website literally are. Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
Shadow Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #28
Chrispy
 
Chrispy's Avatar
Default

Rather than making a Sega version of Mario Kart, they should make a sort of Sonic R 2.
__________________
I'm just the guy that makes the Sonics
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #29
super
newbe comic artist
 
super's Avatar
Default

Sega are quite good when it comes to racing games (Sega rally comes to mind) so I doubt it will be a train wreck, and I'm guessing there will be some unlockable cars/plains in this game so the tornado might have a chance to get in.
__________________
http://chazer127.deviantart.com/
Known as Chazer127 in net games
The below statements is true
The above statement is false
super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #30
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
Probably because people on pretty much every other website literally are. Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
Yeah, other forums I posted this have either said "Sonic = Fail, or Sonic + car = fail"
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #31
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #32
Sondaniel22
A.K.A KashiSD22
 
Sondaniel22's Avatar
Default

Eh, I'm already interested, due to a fact that it's a racing game by Sega.

But then again, we can't jump to conclusions just yet when it comes to this game being either awesome or terrible. It's best to wait until either a demo comes out so that you can try it out yourself first, or rent it when it is release. But so far, I kinda like the concept of this game.
__________________
W.I.P
None at the moment.
Sondaniel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #33
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.
You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumo_Digital
If you look at the list of games, they have been rated very high. Outrun? FTW
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #34
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral
 
Jellybones's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.
You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.
lol, wikipedia.
And just because it's made by Dimps doesn't automatically mean it's going to be good.
Jellybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #35
Bigboi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybones69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.
You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.
lol, wikipedia.
And just because it's made by Dimps doesn't automatically mean it's going to be good.
Well said. Look at Sonic Unleashed WiiS2.
Bigboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #36
Sondaniel22
A.K.A KashiSD22
 
Sondaniel22's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybones69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog
Then again, people on pretty much every other website will find some reason to hate a new Sonic game from the onset, for no reason other than "it's Sonic, so it must suck".
I just go with "terrible until proven otherwise". It's the default state of a Sonic game to be bad right now. If this game turns out to be a good Mario Kart clone I might enjoy it, but their track record on Sonic games is so bad right now that you're leading yourself into disappointment if you get excited about a Sonic game before it comes out. However, if, after it comes out, it gets good reviews, THEN it's time to start becoming interested.
You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.
lol, wikipedia.
And just because it's made by Dimps doesn't automatically mean it's going to be good.
Well said. Look at Sonic Unleashed WiiS2.
Uh... It wasn't that bad. (Although I'll admit that the PS2 version was in fact a poor port of the Wii version.)

Anyways, why does this racetrack look so familiar...?
__________________
W.I.P
None at the moment.
Sondaniel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #37
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer
 
Blade's Avatar
Default

From what I've read, it's a mix of Green Hill and Seaside Hill.
__________________
MERRY EGGS-MAS 2012 EVERYONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #38
Chrispy
 
Chrispy's Avatar
Default

Honestly, if you look past the "OMFG WTF IZ SONIC DOIN IN CAR THARS NO LION" factor, it looks like it'd actually be a good game.
__________________
I'm just the guy that makes the Sonics
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #39
Autosaver
 
Autosaver's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Well said. Look at Sonic Unleashed WiiS2.
You do know that the game was actually rated decent(7/10) And Sonic Team did most of the game....lol (Its pretty good for a PS2 game)

Quote:
From what I've read, it's a mix of Green Hill and Seaside Hill.
It reminds me only of Seaside, wheres the green hill in there?
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #40
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes
 
CobaltBW's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver
You have to understand that this isn't made be Sonic Team. As Dimps has proven there great at making games.
Dimps has also made mediocre games as well. Sonic Unleashed for the Wii and PS2 was not a bad game, but there were plenty of design errors that detracted from the overall experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver
You do know that the game was actually rated decent(7/10)
Yeah, and the 360/PS3 version was rated lower. I don't think your point stands.
__________________
~CobaltBW

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sega announces Sonic & Sega All-Stars Soccer Autosaver Video Games 12 04-05-2010 12:54 PM
Sega: Impossible To Please All Sonic Fans With One Sonic Game AshuraXDemon Video Games 24 08-19-2009 11:54 AM
Supah Sonic Racing Zone Shuffle Editing 22 04-22-2006 04:09 AM
New Invuln Stars. Rob Editing 3 03-12-2006 10:00 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.