A personal appeal from Egg Rock founder Dr. Ivo Robotnik

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this, make a robot that eats rings and uses it's power to kill fan characters. Isn't that easier then...
  • All rings removed from SRB2
  • All ring-monitors removed from SRB2
  • No pro-ring propaganda to be allowed in any of the zones with badniks residing in them.
  • A 300% tax on the import of any health providing power-ups from outside games, in order to prevent this serious issue from repeating itself.
  • For good measure, punish those who dare collect Special Stage tokens by putting them in Special Stage 7, without any rings to collect!

I can't even begin to express my gratitude for your concern towards our well being. I'm sure this isn't enough to make an impact, but I will remove all rings from present and future bases I construct.
As your benevolent future overlord, it is my duty to the ensure public safety and roboticization of all of you.

Ultimate mode!
That is foolish! Ultimate Mode is an obscure secret that most of the 'players' do not know of! The removal of rings must be an obligatory and universal feature to prevent future badnik-vandalism incidents!

Unfunny quotes
424.gif

Instead of removing rings, I propose that you create a goodnik (everything you make is good, isn't it?) that mimics the rings themselves.

This way, instead of forcefully taking away some certain woodland creatures' rings, you will instead lead them to stop wanting rings on their own. How is this possible you ask? Imagine this: you go to pick up a ring, but it instead bites you in the face. Now, after experiencing this several times, wouldn't you willingly give up rings? I'd assume so.
I appreciate your propaganda efforts, but the 'goodnik' is a silly name and I refuse to associate the Eggman Empire with such a ridiculous sounding title for the robotic citizens of my vast metropolises!

However, the use of negative reinforcement to discourage furry humanoid oddly coloured animals from developing an addiction to these foul "rings" is an interesting idea indeed and I may just expand upon this idea in the Egg Rock Workshop and devise robots based upon this idea. For your intuitivity and wit your future place in the Empire has been upgraded from "Classic Moto-bug" to "Modern Moto-Bug that can do a 180 degree turn"

Many counter points
  • Ring-fueled woodland critters is the most common cause of death amongst crawla's, coconut's and SDURF's
  • Many creatures who subscribe to the obscure philosophical belief in 'free will' cannot be trusted to use rings responsibly and destroy innocent robots. The health benefits of rings are outweighed by the potential damage.
  • Rings can be smelted down into pure gold and then used as a currency, for reasons unknown to even the greatest scientist in the galaxy, however this solution may prove to be difficult when considering the fact that the rings do not melt naturally in Red Volcano, Marble or Lava Reef Zones.
However, with these ring benefits taken into consideration. It may be possible for the Eggman Empire to aqcuire all of the worlds rings and enforce the use of licence based ring trading to ensure that all rings are used only for economical and power-generation based purposes, to prevent rings from being used with criminal intent while the sowed benefits are reaped.

We would also like to take this opportunity to ensure you are happy with the previous work on your 'Egg Rock' we did last year for you, as we have not had any testimonial from you and would be very pleased if you could provide us with one, allowing us to add the work we did for you to our portfolio, as we believe it to be one of our finer pieces.
It overwhelms me with joy! aside from the missing boss that is which I will just have to create myself, however as you may know I was so pleased with the archictecture of the base that I paid the full price of comission regardless. in other words, your lives were spared, for now.

Furthermore, we would like to thank you for outsourcing the operation and management of the OmegaCrawla Master Server Game Listing System to us, and we hope you have been pleased with the numerous improvements we have made to the system to improve the experience for everyone. You may notice we introduced a Casual room, allowing the critters to play their Role Playing Games and therefore providing them with something to distract them from causing you any problems.
Despite my initial objections to this 'casual room' system from being implemented, as it would have reduced the number of participants in my 'Match' and 'CTF' gladitoral arena amusements, the number of animals distracted from destroying crawlas by playing pretend in this most pointless 'House.wad' has been extremely beneficial to me. I should thank you for doing such an eggsellent job!

* While we will consider your ideas, we will most likely ignore them.
Disregard what I said earlier about your lives being extended by my benevolent will, the arrogance of this programmer has resulted in an elite team of Jetty-Syns being dispatched to your homes.

if there were no rings, how would the levels glitter and sparkle as much? Oh, I know! You could add an extra gallon of Shine-On to your badniks. They're already shiny enough as it is, but you could make the level sparkle more if you added more Shine-On.
What. This makes absolutely no sense. Why would I want to make things shiny? Did you see how much fog was coming out of my beautiful factories in Scrap Brain Zone?

While this may be time consuming it will be much easier since all you have to do is use the Sonic Object Config, aka S.O.C, Editor to change a simple thing called "Item Flags". That way, even the newest of newbies can do it without having to split open The M.W.B and take the rings out one by one. And for the monitors? SIMPLE! recode them to give out the same effect as your Eggman Monitor!
What madness, I produce my materials the normal way, with automated factories. I don't use any of this pointless 4th wall breaking software when I can be more effective by designing and coding everything myself! Hrmph!

However, while the idea of replacing the worlds monitors with Eggman monitors is appreciated, I have already begun that plan. The Techno Hill factory is producing vast stocks of Eggman monitors as we speak and they are being stored and prepared for shipping in Dark City Zone. The crates you can see lying around Arid Canyon Zone actually contain these monitors with my beautiful face upon them but were dropped from the Grand Eggship during the malfunction that caused this zone to be taken out of commission for the time being.

How about this, make a robot that eats rings and uses it's power to kill fan characters.
Hush, do not reveal my trade secrets. I now have to change the final boss plan, my secret scheme to defeat Super Sonic by draining his rings has failed!

This would've been better if it was on April 1st...
That would have been boring and predictable.
947.gif

This would've been better if it was on April 1st...
I agree with this

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Dr. Robotnik, with all due respect; I will have to gladly tell you that it is sonic, tails, and knuckles duty to kick your sorry behind, and rings are vital tools in this.
Rings are used to fight badnicks when pandora's box is unlocked,
Rings are what power the power of super sonic
Rings are extreamly important in Mobius' economy, and with the latest recession, well, this would be tragic
Have a nice day, and please, don't take sonic kicking your behind personally, it's just his job.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Have you noticed that badnicks always walk near rings, but never grab them, never give a care, and downright ignore rings. I think that your technology isn't good enough to give robots 'emotions' so I think that your badnicks will be just fine; just wash and wax them, they'll be just fine

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------
This is done in proxy by someone else.

loadingbar.gif

Loading common sense

Originally Posted by KO.T.E
While this may be time consuming it will be much easier since all you have to do is use the Sonic Object Config, aka S.O.C, Editor to change a simple thing called "Item Flags". That way, even the newest of newbies can do it without having to split open The M.W.B and take the rings out one by one. And for the monitors? SIMPLE! recode them to give out the same effect as your Eggman Monitor!

Though you may be someone else, I'll code this soc for you robotnik

Last edited:
anything to say, robotnik

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Nothing gets past you.
What do you mean

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Anything to say, robotnik?

Disregard what I said earlier about your lives being extended by my benevolent will, the arrogance of this programmer has resulted in an elite team of Jetty-Syns being dispatched to your homes.

I apologise for my arrogance, I was merely speaking on behalf of my superiors who wish to dethrone you as master of the planet. I myself would rather you as our wonderful dictator, but certain others will not stand for this.

Also, might I suggest you just put a line of giant eggman monitors? Nothing will get in without dying.

Dr. Robotnik, with all due respect; I will have to gladly tell you that it is sonic, tails, and knuckles duty to kick your sorry behind, and rings are vital tools in this.
Rings are used to fight badnicks when pandora's box is unlocked,
Rings are what power the power of super sonic
Rings are extreamly important in Mobius' economy, and with the latest recession, well, this would be tragic
Have a nice day, and please, don't take sonic kicking your behind personally, it's just his job.

You really think the intelligent Doctor Robotnik, of all people, would not know how useful those rings are to those meddlesome woodland creatures?

Why else do you think he wants to get rid of rings altogether? =P

Also, might I suggest you just put a line of giant eggman monitors? Nothing will get in without dying.
Why stop there? If the Doctor asks, I'll donate all of my resources to make an army of Brak Eggmans!
Edit: Won't it be easier to rebuild the ring satellite just with more guarding this time?

For your intuitivity and wit your future place in the Empire has been upgraded from "Classic Moto-bug" to "Modern Moto-Bug that can do a 180 degree turn"
I never would have imagined to be complimented by the great Dr. Ivo Robotnik. I humbly and eagerly await my future place in your Empire.

I believe that having robotic citizens do the work is much more effective than a giant row of monitors for the following reasons:

• Monitors, although deadly, are very easy to avoid or get around, once they are spotted. They are best used with the element of surprise.
  • Assuming rings are still in existence, any creature which has recently been exposed to them gains a temporary state of invulnerability when being attacked. During this state of invulnerability, a simple spindash through the line would render all the monitors useless, wasting a large amount of resources and expenses. One single ring is all it takes.
  • I assume that Eggman monitors are produced at a much higher cost than several robotic citizens. If they were easy to produce, I'm sure the brilliant Dr. Ivo Robotnik would used this method this long ago. Perhaps they are made of a non-replenishable resource.

Last edited:
I will use my every resource to build an army of robots driven by sonic and his friends to counter this threat bwwaaahhhaaahhhaaa

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

By the way, if all the rings were removed from mobios, balance would be destroyed and you would be killed too robotnik

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

You would die............

I will use my every resource to build an army of robots driven by sonic and his friends to counter this threat bwwaaahhhaaahhhaaa

Man what's your problem? This Doctor is trying to prevent a catastrophic event from taking place and you're just making it difficult for him. You are bad and you should feel bad.

Last edited:
spoilers: eat rings, then they disappear randomly.

nomnomnomnom

Though I must say, they tend to rematerialize every great while, especially in the spectacular arenas built by our lord and master Dr. Robotnik. It must take a great deal of his profits to keep those places up and running, with how the ring count is dropping.

The ring count in this world is slowly dropping with all the ring addicts running around. I'd appreciate having some more Jetty-Syn production so we can have a decent force capable of putting these rebellions down, and restore some of the losses.

Last edited:
...from observing the SRB2 Intro, the Doctor's actually tried this scheme before, it seems.

And obviously that one didn't work, so...

All the logical fallacies and hair-brained schemes bounced around this place make a battle tactician like myself balk. Then again, I rarely turn my hand to strategy. Let's try...

For a start, oh great and mighty Robotnik, why not commission (or try to - hell, even make yourself!) an antagonist campaign? In this manner, you can have those multicoloured woodland creature types helping you for a change. Since the "host" and "admin" furries seem to have spectacular power to the point of materialising those rings (and lives) into their friends out of nowhere, anything other than creating a boss called "spiked wall man" seems doomed to failure. And even that has the risk of the forth wall of that man being blown open.

I myself have - however, succeeded in abducting and roboticizing (sp?) three such creatures, a hedgehog, echidna, and two-tailed fox. Although the hedgehog may be faulty, so I don't use him. (Where are the one-tailed foxes? Jesus.)
Often using them in your battle arenas, partially because I've misplaced my jumpsuit and detachable hammerspace fittable helicopter backpack, and partially because I look completely ridiculous in that getup - yet I need it to fit your regulations on colour for team games. Feh, at least I don't need an eggmobile like you, fatty.

I have also noticed a flaw in your roboticization techniques.
They do not work on humans, only regular or anthro animals. (They also don't work on aliens, but that's forgivable. And not just the ones that are filled with Hyper Go-On energy, Baldy McNosehair, humanoid ones too, klingon, quarian, you know the type.) Now this may be justifiable if your almighty despotic campaign was one of fantastic racism, and you believed the likelihood of your methods being used against you greater than the boon of subjugating traitors, but as far as we know, you wish to be the only sapient around, and rule as a God.

As for the ring scheme, I have observed that coins have much the same effect on woodland creatures. They'll use those instead. Also, a certain place built by a certain SF94 seems to have the power to render these relatively unfrightening abominations immune to attack - while it still hurts, they'll never drop those rings. Really annoying when I'm trying to float around with my remote furry bots and drop exploding ring ammo. Perhaps you ought to teach/program your robots to harness them too. Like I did.

In my Chaotic Neutral nature, I'm just as likely to aid these ambling creatures as hoik them into a pit. (lol, Tag gameplay is hilarious with that)
And since we have never met, tracking me would be hard. And even if you did, I'd probably wiiiiiin. ;) And if I don't, my friends and allies will.

Long story short: like any good villain, your plans are likely doomed to failure. But you can count on me to give them some flair and make the heroes job hard. And if we can break out of that rut, and you can resist the compulsion for backstabs, (doubtful, every villain decides that the best time to betray their companion is before the heroes are dead, idiots.) that Eggman Empire will be long, long lasting... If I'm not bored.

...just include proper amusements. I have a date next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back