Extra Monitors! - MonitorsPlus.pk3 [Version 2.5.11]

I have an idea:
Make the Hyper Monitor give 100 rings (or don't, up to you :P) and make the ring drain TWICE as fast, like in Generations!
(I also have a Monitor idea: the Chuckle monitor! Whenever you spindash, you 'punch' (pretty much just lunge forward) at the nearest target!)

We did try that, but it didn't really work out. We feel that it is better to leave it just as it is.

Damn :(
Because the Hyper form is much stronger, so it's understandable that it should drain twice as fast
why didn't it work out?

Cause in S3&K when your hyper it doesn't drain the rings any faster than super. The main aim for the hyper form is to make it as close to S3&K as possible with obviously a few added abilities. If the rings where to drain any faster the player would have to also take into account that they can fire rings ridiculously fast and that their rings also drain a lot faster, to sum it up those 100 rings would just be gone before you know it.

Cause in S3&K when your hyper it doesn't drain the rings any faster than super. The main aim for the hyper form is to make it as close to S3&K as possible with obviously a few added abilities. If the rings where to drain any faster the player would have to also take into account that they can fire rings ridiculously fast and that their rings also drain a lot faster, to sum it up those 100 rings would just be gone before you know it.
Ah, ok!
I was also going to look at the Hyper and Invicibillity sparkle lua scripts, but it seems that I can't access the wad with an editor, what's up with that?

Version 2.0.2 Changelog

Bug Fixes

*Fixed compatibility issues with BATKANESE.wad

Known Bugs

*Earth Shield crashes your game if you damage another player

Version 2.0.3 Changelog

Features

*Made some changes to the Web Shield

Bug Fixes

*Fixed the crashing issue with the Earth Shield
*Other minor unnoticeable fixes

Version 2.1 Changelog

Features

*Added 2 new commands
*Removed End of the world and Megidolaon monitors from MT_QUESTIONBOX

Bug Fixes

*Fixed issues with the poison shield
*Web Shield is now more common

I can't believe it. MonitorsPlus got updated so much it caught up with 20 years of SRB2.

The number of updates doesn't really matter that much ahaha, I just enjoy being satirical. To be honest this is one of the better updates purely because End of the World was removed from the random monitor listing. Maybe I can finally last longer than 30 seconds in a match before dying now. Bless up.

Version 2.1.1 Changelog

Features

*The Over Booster monitor now has some cool new Music with it!
*The Jump Height monitor now has some cool new Music with it!
*You can now spawn a monitor on everyone using -1 instead of a node number.

Edits

*Removed Hyper, Pancake, Expand, Goop, Crumble, Low Gravity and Heavy Gravity monitors from MT_QUESTIONBOX for more of a balanced game with Random Monitors.
*Tidied up the scripts so now they are not as messy as they used to be.
*Created LUA_MNTR for easy editing of monitor spawn rates.
*Spikeball Monitor now lasts longer than 10 seconds.
*Removed duplicate freeslots.
*You shouldn't get stuck in water with the Titanium Shield anymore.
*Ice Shield now has a cool new overlay when you're frozen!
*Improved the Turbo Monitor
*Changed Super Emerald sprites from S3&K to Sonic Mania.

Bug Fixes

*Fixed LUA_KILL:87: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
*Fixed LUA_SPIK:384: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
*Fixed LUA_FITN:124: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)
*BATKAN monitor now properly resets the timer when you get another
*Fixed the Poison Shield not working at all with hyper players.
*The Anti-Matter Shield and Over Booster Monitors should now properly IT players in Tag/Hide and Seek.

If I had to make any comments (and if it's possible to do), ring related Monitors (Silver, Bronze, Combi, and Hyper Combi) should have a chance of replacing the standard Ring monitors in the stage (not including team ring monitors in CTF).

I'd also propose an idea for the server to enable/disable specific groups of new monitors, such as rings, shields, moment enhancers/reducers, hazard triggers, and monitors that inflict instant death.

Otherwise, very interesting wad. I'm a huge fan of extra shields in SRB2 so I'll be looking forward to trying them all if I'm able to find them (cause the RNG is mostly giving me vanilla shields and speedup sneakers).

Last edited:
Version 2.2 Changelog

Features

*HUGE visual update! Regeneration, Fitness, Resistance and the Jump Height monitors now have visual effects when they're in play.
*And best of all, the Super and Hyper Monitors have had their particle sprites revamped entirely.

Edits

*Antimatter, BATKAN and Over Booster Monitors have had their particle sprites changed.
*Created LUA_RING so now Combine Ring, Hyper Ring, Bronze Ring, Silver Ring, Platinum Ring spawns on a Super Ring Box instead of weak/strong monitors
*Reverted the hyper theme back to the beta theme but with some improvements!
*The Resistance Monitor now last for 45 seconds, keep your rings longer!
*Super/Hyper players now have FF_FULLBRIGHT so they light up in the dark!

Bug Fixes

*Fixed the Turbo Monitor's timer not resetting upon getting another while having one.

Version 2.1.1 Changelog

Features

*The Over Booster monitor now has some cool new Music with it!
*The Jump Height monitor now has some cool new Music with it!
*You can now spawn a monitor on everyone using -1 instead of a node number.

Edits

*Removed Hyper, Pancake, Expand, Goop, Crumble, Low Gravity and Heavy Gravity monitors from MT_QUESTIONBOX for more of a balanced game with Random Monitors.
*Tidied up the scripts so now they are not as messy as they used to be.
*Created LUA_MNTR for easy editing of monitor spawn rates.
*Spikeball Monitor now lasts longer than 10 seconds.
*Removed duplicate freeslots.
*You shouldn't get stuck in water with the Titanium Shield anymore.
*Ice Shield now has a cool new overlay when you're frozen!
*Improved the Turbo Monitor
*Changed Super Emerald sprites from S3&K to Sonic Mania.

Bug Fixes

*Fixed LUA_KILL:87: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
*Fixed LUA_SPIK:384: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
*Fixed LUA_FITN:124: attempt to index field 'target' (a nil value)
*BATKAN monitor now properly resets the timer when you get another
*Fixed the Poison Shield not working at all with hyper players.
*The Anti-Matter Shield and Over Booster Monitors should now properly IT players in Tag/Hide and Seek.
Wait, so you can't get Hyper in matches anymore? D:
If so, can there be an option to reenable it?

So is there a way to actually achieve it or is it command only?
Sorry if it's bugging you, I just have a massive blast when I try and survive on random monitors until the 10 minute mark :P

You currently cannot get a hyper monitor while random monitors are enabled, that is why we are working on a feature for v2.3 that will allow everyone to enable/disable certain monitors from a user friendly menu.

Last edited:
You currently cannot get a hyper monitor while random monitors are enabled, that is why we are working on a feature for v2.3 that will allow everyone to enable/disable certain monitors from a user friendly menu.
Ah, alright!
Sounds perfect!
Good things come to those who wait :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back