[Open Assets] Metal Knux

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corneliab

Chaos Zero 64's Metal Knuckles character wad, finally converted to 2.00.x.

Changes to the original include:

• a lowered jump height (to match in-game Knuckles)
  • the addition of climbing sprites (due to climbing now being forced on gliding characters)
  • the addition of a signpost
  • repositioned name card
  • all relevant sprites now contain black eyes, instead of just the front-facing ones
  • shine added to certain jumping sprites
  • darker colors in general
Credit goes to Chaos Zero 64 and Senku Niola for the original wad and the accompanied sprites, Link for the initial conversion to 2.00.x, and me for the above listed changes (minus the darker colors) as well as for switching all the border pixels in Link's build to a palette-line-friendly color.

alterpic1-1.png

alterpic2-1.png

alterpic5.png

alterpic-1.png

alterpic3-1.png

alterpic6.png

alterpic8.png

alterpic4-1.png

Attachments

• metalknux.zip
    57.6 KB · Views: 5,909
Last edited:
Alright! Nice one cornelaib!
Tested.
It works great in coop and match. Just like knuckles. :3
Hope to see the other great 1.09 wads ported.

Well, he's not on par with Knux: Due to the change in match, Knux is hard-coded to fire rings at double rate. Metal Knux can't get that luxury, so you might as well try to make him different. I suggest making his jump normal and giving him Multiability, since GlideClimbers autobreak spinblocks anyway.

Why is the name card so tiny?

...?

It's the same size as standard name cards. Go and compare. The only thing that has been altered from the original (and proportionally-correct) title card is that the "Knux" portion has been moved from the bottom to the side of the "Metal" portion.

Well, he's not on par with Knux: Due to the change in match, Knux is hard-coded to fire rings at double rate. Metal Knux can't get that luxury, so you might as well try to make him different. I suggest making his jump normal and giving him Multiability, since GlideClimbers autobreak spinblocks anyway.

Honestly, I wasn't thinking of any gamestyles aside from the single player campaign when dealing with stats. I find it appropriate for this contemporary version of Metal Knux to be required to take the same paths and whatnot as its 2.00.x counterpart.

EDIT: Also, file reuploaded. Made it so the appropriate icon appears when super, instead of the default Super Sonic one. Can't believe I let that slip by. :/

Last edited:
Great! I'd hoped somebody would do this :D I do have a question, though. Has it's climbing been fixed? Assuming it wasn't just my computer. When I climbed up the wall, there'd be no climbing sprite, just like, when in single player mode, your choosing your character, you look at say, Metal Knux and that picture is what appeared whenever I climbed walls.

Anyways, after not posting for a long time...
Finally someone remembers Mecha Knuckles from 1.09.4a!

Hmm, you may want to try spacing the name card a bit more, at the moment it looks like METALKNUX, instead of METAL KNUX.

It's the same size as standard name cards. Go and compare.
The picture on the bottom-right of the screen (where it gives your name and shows a life counter) is far too small.
It does not appear to be "standard" -- compare it to Sonic's, Tails's, and Knuckles's.

It looks that way because the pictures were taken at a high resolution. Try actually downloading the wad and seeing for yourself. It's fine.

Hmm, you may want to try spacing the name card a bit more, at the moment it looks like METALKNUX, instead of METAL KNUX.

True. File reuploaded.

Last edited:
File reuploaded again.

I edited the back climbing sprites to account for the character's segmented legs. Not really a big deal, but it's been bugging me for awhile so yeah.

I dunno if I like how the side climbing frames are different from the other angles.

Also, you might want to edit the character select and 1up monitor icons to match the color (shade) of the character...

I dunno if I like how the side climbing frames are different from the other angles.

I was hoping no one would bring that up so I wouldn't feel obliged to fix it.

Oh well. I may or may not get around to it.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Also, you might want to edit the character select and 1up monitor icons to match the color (shade) of the character...

Okay, I at least got this done.

Reuploaded.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Fixed the side climbing sprites! Reuploaded again, hopefully for the final time.

EDIT: Scratch that, had to delete a stray pixel. It should be good now.

Last edited:
The tiny-cons happen for me, too, but with Sonic and all other character, too. I think it has something to do with a high-res screen (even though I don't have one. =/)

One last reupload.

Changed the colors on the character select portrait, extra life sprites, and signpost to better reflect the in-game sprites. They were previously a little too dark.

I think that's about it for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back