SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2008   #21
Kuja
 
Kuja's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashFox2007
The levels in this mod didn't have a sonic like feel to them, they felt more like Doom levels. I absolutely loved the way the space levels looked and played, I wouldn't dock you points for not going with Sonic style levels, because the levels you put in here were actually enjoyable, and when you're playing a game, having fun with the material is all that really counts, right? As a mod, this was creative and unique, all your sprites and textures looked fantastic. Who cares if there's not a lot of levels in here, it was really fun to play. This is what a mod should be, something that changes a game and makes it even more fun to play than before.
This very intelligent person took the words right out of my mouth. The novelty of playing a Star Wars mod was enough for me! Texture replacements, the little star wars references here and there, plus the SOCced enemies made this mod complete win(even if the file size is ungodly)

Take this 10/10, you've definitely worked hard for it. It just goes to show that mods have more of a definition than the levels you play in them. ;)
Kuja is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #22
Luminous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zck2020
A wall.
Listen. My opinion is my opinion. If I don't think that the invincibility song doesn't fit, I'm no "dUMBASS no0b1!111" for disliking something. The song just isn't suitable in my opinion. I have seen multiple Metal Sonic Bosses with the same thing. Simply because you never saw something isn't an excuse. You had no idea, yes, original, no. Not ALL robots are enemies. Some are scenery. I'm not a dumbass for COMPLAINING that an enemy is an edit. I'm clearly saying "I'm disappointed; I'd expect some fire like enemy."

The type of Mod doesn't change anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashFox2007
The levels in this mod didn't have a sonic like feel to them, they felt more like Doom levels.
It's still a Sonic game.
Luminous is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #23
Kalaron
Default

I'm wondering why the file size is soo big...
Kalaron is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #24
Luminous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashFox2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashFox2007
The levels in this mod didn't have a sonic like feel to them, they felt more like Doom levels.
It's still a Sonic game.
Quote:
and they were still enjoyable
I wasn't talking to you. :/
Luminous is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #25
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Listen, I never said you couldn't voice your opinion, nor did I call you a dumbass n00b. I merely said that you should judge a project based on it's goal. If it achieved it's goal in a good, fun way, that's good, if not that's bad. This mod's goal was to make Srb2 as Star Wars themed as it could get. It's goal wasn't to make a few star wars changes and leave it sonic-themed. And, when you say "Simply because you never saw something isn't an excuse. You had no idea, yes, original, no. Not ALL robots are enemies. Some are scenery." I get confused. I never used an excuse, and if this isn't original, then show me the mod that this one is imitating. And which of the enemies are scenery?
Quote:
It's still a Sonic game.
BS, Srb2 is a super MOD of Doom! Hints it using the DOOM engine. :P

EDIT: Ok, I am sick of arguing, plus it's against the rules. You have your opinion, I have mine. End of discussion.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #26
Kalaron
Default

I'm wondering if you converted all your mp3's to OGG, what makes this wad's filesize soo big?
Kalaron is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #27
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

I did in fact convert the mp3s to ogg. Keep in mind, I've basically redone over half the graphics of SRB2.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #28
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zck2020
I did in fact convert the mp3s to ogg. Keep in mind, I've basically redone over half the graphics of SRB2.
Why not change some of the sky and floor textures as well? (sorry if you have i only got on to the second level then it crashed due to R2D2 >.<)
Sniperific is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #29
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Trust me, I profusely replaced, edited and added tons of floors, patches, textures, skies, and etc.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #30
Luminous
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zck2020
EDIT: Ok, I am sick of arguing, plus it's against the rules. You have your opinion, I have mine. End of discussion.
This is a terrible way to put things, zck. Any game can use another game's engine and become something else.
-SOCced enemies? Where the heck did the SOCs in the mod come from? You said you never had any.
-A graphic and sound change doesn't make Sonic a Star Wars game.
-Yes, you aren't letting me voice my opinion by saying the discussion is over because you see something different.
-Make it easier to tell what's a robot and what's scenery if you aren't much of a Star Wars fan.
-I'm talking about the BOSS being unoriginal. Too many robot/demon guys who just shoot you. Alot like the Metal Sonic boss. And besides, some Star Wars characters were already made.
-Star Wars has Light Sabers, fighting, and dramatic scenes. Sonic levels with some robots misplaced isn't Star Wars, and the graphics don't change it either.
Luminous is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #31
sonic260
The Elementor
 
sonic260's Avatar
Default

this took 47 mins to download and I can't even play it. How do you play it?
When I click the bat file, the Command Prompt pops up for a milli sec and just closes out for no reason

EDIT: Wait nevermind I just put the BAK file in the launcher
__________________
I think I love Buizel too much?...nah XD
sonic260 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #32
Jacy
Now with less viruses
 
Jacy's Avatar
Default

Mine took about an hour to download. I almost bored myself to death trying to find things to do while waiting.
__________________
There should be some sort of witty signature comment here, but I can't think of one right now.
Jacy is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #33
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Sorry about the filesize, but I've slimmed it down as much as I can.

As for you, DarkFox, please just leave me alone. I'm trying to have a good time here and you're just trying to stomp on my mod. I don't care what think anymore, just go away or say something that's good-hearted. All you've done so far is be a negative complainer and arguer. Nothing's perfect. I really could care less if you think this mod isn't made by the standards. Now stop ranting and start being positive. (:P
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #34
Karuno
 
Karuno's Avatar
Default

DashFox? He's not complaining about much. =P

The Dark Fox wasn't trying to stomp all over your mod. Learn to take criticism. It's not flaming. It's not being a hater. It's not being a bad person. He's just pointing out what he finds to be bad about this mod, and you don't seem to be taking in what he's trying to say. You're just telling him to leave you alone and stay far away from the "Post Reply" button as he can be. That's a bad way to accept things, zck.
Karuno is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #35
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

I can take criticism, but not when it's presented in a offensive manner.

EDIT: Oops, I meant to say DarkFox, not DashFox. ;-P And, after I've re-read the posts, I kinda realized I've been a bit touchy, I guess I'm just so defensive because I worked so hard on it. Sorry if I seemed unreasonable.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #36
Karuno
 
Karuno's Avatar
Default

EDIT: Meh, ignore this post. The problem was resolved.
Karuno is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #37
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Hey, I said I was sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I
EDIT: Oops, I meant to say DarkFox, not DashFox. ;-P And, after I've re-read the posts, I kinda realized I've been a bit touchy, I guess I'm just so defensive because I worked so hard on it. Sorry if I seemed unreasonable.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #38
Kuja
 
Kuja's Avatar
Default

Time to stick my nose in!

Quote:
-A graphic and sound change doesn't make Sonic a Star Wars game.
Huh? What would you suggest that he do, then? Give Sonic "magcal jedi powrs", or something? I honestly don't see how else you could change the game to make this more a star wars mod. I look at this in the same light as that Black and White modification I saw a few months ago. Obviously you were expecting a massive level pack. XD
Kuja is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #39
Jacy
Now with less viruses
 
Jacy's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zck2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Snipe
EDIT - when i downloaded this i only got the batch and the bak and no wad.
That's because it is a bak file. It's a long story. Just use the bat file as a launcher and it will work. Plus having it as a bak file lessens the odds of n00bs dissecting it.
Just one little problem with that. My computer doesn't work with bak files. :(
__________________
There should be some sort of witty signature comment here, but I can't think of one right now.
Jacy is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #40
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zck2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Snipe
EDIT - when i downloaded this i only got the batch and the bak and no wad.
That's because it is a bak file. It's a long story. Just use the bat file as a launcher and it will work. Plus having it as a bak file lessens the odds of n00bs dissecting it.
Just one little problem with that. My computer doesn't work with bak files. :(
Change the .bak part at the end of it to .wad then sorted.

Also make the music optional, that way its less file size.
Sniperific is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SRB2: STAR WARS! zck2020 Editing 92 08-13-2008 04:44 PM
SRB2: Star Wars Beta 3.0! (Update) zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 39 02-27-2008 01:19 AM
Srb2 Star Wars Alpha Download (Actual release this time) supershadow2 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 70 10-31-2007 02:02 PM
Star Wars with SRB2 (continued) zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 5 08-04-2007 11:18 PM
Star Wars with Srb2 zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 4 08-04-2007 09:57 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.