SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 02-20-2010   #3321
Adek

Is there a new one for v2.0?

Old 02-20-2010   #3322
Srb2kirbyo
Goes by Kirboy in netgames

Nope, Not yet anyway.

I think when it comes out it will be public.
[Lumo]my ipod is flawle-
-----
[Lumo] Sorry ipod froze there.
Old 02-21-2010   #3323
Autosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violo View Post
MK mode would be easy enough as cZ64 has said, but Sonic R mode would just be a waste of time since there are way too many maps to do it for, and you would need extra waypoints for jumping and spinning and stuff including aerial manuvers.

Although, something I'll suggest for this is the same thing TF2 does with its bots. A .nav file that specifies the points the bots must go in and if there isn't a specific code for map, the bots can't be put in. They could be just wad fiels that have MAP##N or something.
Too many maps for it?....
There are like 5 maps. And one of them is straight forward(Raidant)
Old 02-21-2010   #3324
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

You're funny Autosaver. There are (I think) over 30 Sonic R maps. You know those contest maps? They're in the Sonic R game type. So yes, too many maps.
Old 02-21-2010   #3325
Autosaver

30 maps?

I only remember seeing 5. I still don't get what you are saying.

Besides weather changes, there weren't any extra maps.
Old 02-21-2010   #3326
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

There are 25 custom race maps from the OLDC. Just browse through the level roster in multiplayer.
Old 03-07-2010   #3327
heroofrock
Back, and 20% better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero 64 View Post
It didn't accept ridersmusic? You're gonna have to be more specific. If you got an error, post it here. Also, if you were using the launcher, you should make sure that music isn't turned off. It's off by default, which I forgot to fix.
I think he means that it keeps saying it is corrupt or has been modified, when he has not even touched the file. I have the same problem.
Old 03-07-2010   #3328
犬夜叉
aka: Inuyasha
Administrator

I think the bigger question here would be "Why the hell would you do a MD5 check on a music wad?"
Old 03-23-2010   #3329
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal

If OpenGL is impletented...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrierHack on Retro
In this tutorial I will explain you how to rip ds models from a ds game.
Note: I only know how to/can rip from .nsbmd files, not from any other model format

You'll need:
Tahaxan
A ds rom which uses .nsbmd as model format (you'll have to look into it with tahaxan)
nsbmd
metasequoia

I'll be using the mario kart ds rom for example, since that uses .nsbmd for characters and karts.

First, open tahaxan, and open the mario kart ds rom. You'll see this:

Now you have to navigate you to the models. Just open some folders, and you'll find them. The models from the karts are in data/KartModerMenu/kart. You should see this:

Now we have to extract the models. Open up a folder (the karts are each in a different folder, per character). I take mario's kart for example. There are three different karts (kart_MR_a, b and c). I pick kart_MR_c. Extract both kart_MR_c.nsbmd and kart_MR_c.nsbtx. kart_MR_c.nsbtx contains the textures.
Note: In some cases .nsbmd contains both model data and textures
If you have these models extracted, place them in a folder, together with the nsbmd program.

You'll notice 2 versions of opengl32.dll. First, rename OpenGL32[texturedump].dll to OpenGL32.dll. Now; drag kart_MR_c.nsbmd into nsbmd.exe. You should see this:

Now, press F on your keyboard, and wait a few second. Then close the program. A folder called Frame_[number] should have appeared. Open, it, then open the folder "images" which is in it. The textures are there.

Rename OpenGL32.dll to something else, and rename OpenGL32[modeldump].dll to OpenGL32.dll. Drag kart_MR_c.nsbmd into nsbmd.exe, and it'll ask you for a .glr file. Browse through your computer and select screencap.glr (which was included with the nsbmd download). Do not move/zoom/rotate the cam before doing this! Press "Scroll Lock" on your keyboard, wait a few seconds, then move around the cam abit. It should have dumped screencap.obj in the same folder as screencap.glr. The object file is really messed up, and not uv-mapped. Now, open metasequoia, open screencap.obj, and click on object/align faces.

File/SaveAs, and save it as an .obj file. Now you have the model, and the textures. You only have to texture it yourself.
Note: Some models are messed up (not only missing faces), you will have to fix those by hand.
Also some faces might need to be flipped

If you've textured it properly, this is the result:

...this shit would be awesome in Kart mode. Suggested for teh lulz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Old 03-23-2010   #3330
Chaos Zero 64

I could try it out, only if OpenGL is brought back in 2.0.5. Since there's tons of bugfixes in 2.0.5, then the new Riders will be released sometime after 2.0.5 is released (porting isn't yet complete anyway). I've already ripped sounds from MKDS, so the model shouldn't be that hard.

I'm adding some finishing touches to Mario Kart, so soon enough, I'll release a new YouTube video.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 03-30-2010   #3331
Matt
Matt

urr-- can it work with the new version of srb2? it says it misses the files srb.srb and srb.wad
Old 03-30-2010   #3332
Matt
Matt

how do i make the 3d model work? i tried to add the wizardrider.ridr file, but it didn't come out a 3d sonic
Old 03-30-2010   #3333
Chaos Zero 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
urr-- can it work with the new version of srb2? it says it misses the files srb.srb and srb.wad
Outdated Releases
  • This forum contains files meant for older versions of SRB2, including versions 0.X and 1.X. These files are meant for archival purposes, but most of them should still work for their respective old versions. Please do not ask for help getting these files working.

That's a no. It works for 1.09.4 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
how do i make the 3d model work? i tried to add the wizardrider.ridr file, but it didn't come out a 3d sonic
Find 3dmodels.zip on the first post. In fact, try reading the entire first post before asking questions.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.