XWE refuses to perform Save As Doom Flat command on flats with translucent pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
I'm having an extremely hard time importing any custom flats with transparent pixels, because the Save As Doom Flat command in XWE is refusing to work. Every time I try using it, the flat seems to become corrupted. Whenever I click on a flat I attempted to save as a Doom Flat, I get an error message saying "Read beyond end of file". Furthermore, when I load up the flat in SRB2, it doesn't look any different from the way it would if I hadn't saved it as a Doom Flat, which is to say that it looks like a mess.

Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Last edited:
I assume you did all the stuff in this tutorial right? Made sure it was a square, things like that. Also, are you using this version of XWE? (It is the top external link on the XWE page of the SRB2 wiki)That version seems to be the most stable and still have the lowercase lump feature.

I think that was the version I was using. And it made no difference...it still refuses to perform Save As Doom Flat.

EDIT: I've figured something out...XWE only has this problem on flats with cyan pixels. That's a problem, seeing as the custom flat I want for my level contains cyan pixels.

Last edited:
w8uph2.jpg

I plan to call the flat LGZMESH1, just so you know.

Do you have the picture as a png?

Well, I was able to get that picture to work. Even though it showed it was corrupted in XWE when I reopened the file, it looked fine in SRB2.

Last edited:
Do you have the picture as a png?

Well, I was able to get that picture to work. Even though it showed it was corrupted in XWE when I reopened the file, it looked fine in SRB2.

Could you post the lump as a download link? Or will XWE not allow you to do that? Because when I try it, it says it's corrupted and looks messed up in SRB2.

Also, don't you have MSPaint? You could just convert it yourself if you wanted.

It converts, but it loses quality. That is why I asked you to upload as a png. I could try to clean it up if you wish, but it will look quite a bit different then your original flat.

Yeah, that looks MUCH different when I tried cleaning it up. Here is the wad with a test map and the flat in it. http://torgo.vactual.net/Files/hi.zip

I made it 64 x 64 since it doesn't really need to be 128 x 128. I tried to make it 32 x 32, but both SlumpED and XWE didn't seem to like that.

Last edited:
Thanks, Torgo! You really helped me out. I'm going to give you a mention in Tortured Planet's MAINCFG credit section.

Nah, that isn't needed. Just one flat fix does not deserve a credit mention. You are welcome though. :P

You of all people should know it's "DeePsea", and it's because it's a "Doom enhanced editing Program" made in Seattle or something. I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back