Linedef 15 is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
In short, I've looked from the Specials refrence, to the Wiki, to Sonict's topic, and "No Linedef left Behind", and nothing helps.

So yes, let's get this overwith, exactly how does linedef 15 work?

Oh yeah, and I can't figure it out for the life of me when I dive in head first and toy around with Doom Builder.

In the sector where the player must destroy all enemies should have a tag. I'll refer to it as Tag 1, and to the sector as Sector 1.

Make a control sector. Select one linedef, set it as type 58 and make the sector's floor and ceiling heights match the above sector's (Sector 1). The linedef whose type is 58 should have the same tag as Sector 1 (Tag 1). Select another linedef, it's sector tag should be the same as the control sector's. Linedef type 15. I would recomend you to make those linedefs with the same lenght.

Make another control sector. Select another linedef and make it have the same tag as the 58 and 15 type linedefs. Set it to linedef type 98 for example. It's the trigger. Then make the action on another linedef.

If you need more help tell me.

Nope, no dice. Though the above probably works, there's probably one or two little details that are neglected here that are neccessary.

Got the contest WAD? Look at Battle Woods Zone. That zone makes use of line def 15 alot. Please note that how long the lindef taged 15 determins which linedef exeacuter to use. (Ex: lenght of 1 triggers tag 1, 32 triggers tag 32.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back