• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sans Gaster Blast 2 (Discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp, "announcement" time I suppose.
if you're one of the 2 people who've actually been following the progress of this thing, chances are you've noticed progress has been slow, or i haven't posted anything about it.

i'm cancelling (or at least discontinuing) the sans wad, for a few reasons.

let's be honest here, nobody here's going to read a paragraph on why an undertale based wad is being cancelled, so i'll just simplify and list them here, in no specific/particular order.

1. don't have the time for it anymore.
2. lost interest in sonic robo blast 2.
3. not as interested in undertale anymore.
4. working on it feels forced, even though i know it isn't.
5. lost all motivation to work on it.
6. fear of the wad being taken as a joke when released.

this is something i've been wanting to mention for a while, but i never got around to it. sorry to those few people who were looking forward to the release of this.

if you're one of the 2 people who've actually been following the progress of this thing, chances are you've noticed progress has been slow, or i haven't posted anything about it.

let's be honest here, nobody here's going to read a paragraph on why an undertale based wad is being cancelled, so i'll just simplify and list them here, in no specific/particular order.

this is something i've been wanting to mention for a while, but i never got around to it. sorry to those few people who were looking forward to the release of this.
NOOOO!! ;A;
That's a crying shame, though I understand and respect your reasons. Perhaps one day you can continue this wad out of boredom.
Maybe PM the last version as a backup, incase your harddrive explodes or something. It was fun while it lasted :)
Also, who in their right mind would take this as a joke? You put heart and soul into it, that's all that matters.

Last edited:
le meme

Also, who in their right mind would take this as a joke? You put heart and soul into it, that's all that matters.
It's because it's a mod featuring Sans. You know, the very character that's subject to memes surrounding Ness thanks to Game Theory? Also, Undertale's popularity waned down for the past 2 years.

Ok I’m kinda disappointed but ok it’s youre choise but if you can maybe let someone else finish the wad or just take over not me I’m bad at modding but maybe someone else Idk not saying to do it but just if you want

It's because it's a mod featuring Sans. You know, the very character that's subject to memes surrounding Ness thanks to Game Theory? Also, Undertale's popularity waned down for the past 2 years.

yeah, that's also one of the reasons, i just forgot to list it. undertale is nowhere near as popular or "praised" as it was about a couple years ago.

infartction

yeah, that's also one of the reasons, i just forgot to list it. undertale is nowhere near as popular or "praised" as it was about a couple years ago.

Also, even if it got finished and released, no onewould actually take it seriously, and a flood of Sans is Ness dead horse jokes would plague the page

Well, I was keeping a bit of an eye on this, and while I'm somewhat sad to see it be dropped, I can understand why it was dropped.

About The Mod (Please Don't Be Mad With Me)

I understand that matter and I hope you won't take this offensively but if the new Sans mod for SRB2 isn't coming out, why keep the posts up just to show people what the mod could've been if you had eventually decided to continue development on it. Plus there was this game out called Deltarune (which is now set to be on the Nintendo Switch very soon) but I believe that won't be enough to make you want to continue the project but I understand why you decided to cancel the project. Not everyone is going to enjoy the same game as others so I respect the decision you chose.

Nice, i can't wait for it to release
i can finally give my foes a bad time

You really should read the rest.

Oh shoot, soo this was the Sans mod that was been working on. I thought that it was just a beta showcasing of an youtube vídeo but guess i was wrong. O_0 Still, this project looks awesome despise not being finished one day (or is it?)

Well... too bad that was cancelled, now we must keep hopes and dreams low until somebody continues this job...

I remember playing a sans mod on 2.1.X days... Good character by the way

sans: now ur going 2 have a bad time

early 2017 vs late 2020, over 3 years of obsessively spriting this skeleton.

attachment.php

don't know if i have the motivation to properly return to this, but if i do, it's gonna look alot better than almost anything you've seen up to this point.

Attachments

• sansrb2.png
    sansrb2.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,357
early 2017 vs late 2020, over 3 years of obsessively spriting this skeleton.

attachment.php

don't know if i have the motivation to properly return to this, but if i do, it's gonna look alot better than almost anything you've seen up to this point.
These are news, remember: If you REALLY want to finish this character, go ahead, otherwise i'll understand the reasons of not complete him

well, you have say it before

I wouldn't stress too hard about it if you don't really want to work on it. To make it as unique of a character as you possibly can, try to put some laziness into his moveset and not the usual "bones and gaster blasters absolutely everywhere" that people tend to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back