Confirmed Camera rotation isn't reset when the player dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
This is much more of a problem in Analog Mode, but it's still a bug. When the player dies, he respawns with the camera facing the direction it was facing at the time of death. This is particularly problematic in Time Attack, when every second counts and you need to figure out what direction you are facing before you can set off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm unable to reproduce the bug, having attempted to do so in GFZ2 in singleplayer and timeattack. Are there any other details you can give about when you encountered this bug? Can you upload a replay of the issue(-warp mapnumber -record demoname) and a copy of your config.cfg and autoexec.cfg for me to study?

Prime, are you looking for the camera staying pointed in that direction? Because Fawfulfan might be right, but if he is, the camera resets itself soon after you respawn, and if chasecam is on, that might disorient.

Not that this makes much difference, because almost every time I start up a level in analog the camera is pointed in a random direction. Try recording a demo in analog and play it back; if the camera is pushed against a wall at the start, I garauntee you will never get that demo to sync right.

Prime, are you looking for the camera staying pointed in that direction? Because Fawfulfan might be right, but if he is, the camera resets itself soon after you respawn, and if chasecam is on, that might disorient.

As soon as the loads, the camera is pointing in the correct direction. It doesn't even start out wrong and correct itself, it starts out looking in the direction it is supposed to.

I'm a time attacker(or whatever you want to say, like "speedrunner"), and I have to say that this frequently happens with me. As I need of a certain number of tries to do a record, in some of these tries, the camera starts in a different direction, and this annoy me a lot, as I don't really know where I am going.But after a while trying to do a record in a level, I usually memorize the start of the level, so that it doesn't bother me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back