Movies everyone loves, that you despise

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those American 3D Diseny/Dreamworks childrens/family movies (like Shrek, Toy Story, Nemo, Carz you get the idea)
.. I can't freaking STAND THEM.. I hope they stop making those.

I seriously question whether you have even seen them, because I find it impossible to imagine that anyone could watch Toy Story or Finding Nemo or Shrek and say with a straight face that they suck. Sure, a few animated movies were bad (notably the really copycat Dreamworks ones like Antz and Shark Tale), but the majority of them (including every single one you mentioned, and everything that Pixar came up with) was amazing, imaginative, funny, and compelling. I admit some of them may suffer from overexposure and overcommercialization, but hey, what can you expect? They're made by corporations.

Would you mind telling me what it is about them that you dislike?

I seriously question whether you have even seen them, because I find it impossible to imagine that anyone could watch Toy Story or Finding Nemo or Shrek and say with a straight face that they suck. Sure, a few animated movies were bad (notably the really copycat Dreamworks ones like Antz and Shark Tale), but the majority of them (including every single one you mentioned, and everything that Pixar came up with) was amazing, imaginative, funny, and compelling. I admit some of them may suffer from overexposure and overcommercialization, but hey, what can you expect? They're made by corporations.

Would you mind telling me what it is about them that you dislike?
I don't really dislike them, but they get really old really fast...

Oh yeah... in addition to ignorant little kids who wouldn't know a good Sonic game if we sat down and forced them to play S3K in otherwise total darkness with pitch-black painted walls.

Couldn't agree more if I tried.

*quotesnip*

thank you for your contribution, this is a nice example

Haters and fans are annoying... I try for a quiet dislike most of the time... but to be honest I want to kill your avatar with sharpened crucifixes on holy fire. It's Edward's raepfaic.

Also, Avatar. For similar reasons (furries!) Quiet toleration doesn't mean enjoyment :D

Avatar was shitty no matter what you try and tell me.

Or Avatar the last Air bender?

Cause if it's Air bender then I can agree that movie was pretty bad regardless on how decent of fanservice it was. Can't say anything about Avatar being as it's too long to watch, even if the concept was pretty cool ((though deeply generic)).

This. The horrible fact was that, I would've never watched this movie if we weren't forced to in school, just because the substitute teacher didn't have any other good movies.

Wait, wait, wait - HOLD UP. Twilight is a movie? I thought it was a presentation on "how not to write".

Wait, wait, wait - HOLD UP. Twilight is a movie? I thought it was a presentation on "how not to write".

I would pull some "how not to write a joke" shit here, but that'd be too easy.

EDIT: Oh, and Chaos Knux sigs it! Icing on the cake.

Last edited:
I actually liked the "Avatar" movie concepts. The design of the environments, the flora (plants) and fauna (animals) were simply beautiful. I'm a bit of a biology nerd so I tend to be drawn in by those factors. The plot, not so much, but the creatures I saw on screen were jaw dropping win (maybe not so much the 'tribe,' but everything else).

If I had to pick a movie to hate... I'll have to get back to you all on that when one comes to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back