Whenever I play online and I lose signal I get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cat

Whenevr I play netgames with one of my friends I get kicked out. Whenever I get this error, My router goes out for a few seconds. Is this related? Even when I play with someone in my own home it happens.

The error is: SOCK_Send, error sending node 3 (85.217.50.237:5029) #10004: Unknown error

Probably more like the other way around, your router dying is causing this error.

I used to have problems with my old Netgear Switch overheating if you put too much load through it, it got to the point where I could do a continuous set of pings and only have about 60% of those pings go through and receive a reply from them between my PC and my server.

How old is your router? Every non-Netgear router I've had in the past forever has cocked up after a year or so. ^_~

See if it happens on a regular basis outside SRB2, if so it probably means it's either got some dodgy settings or it's on its way out.

Alright. I tested it it. It happened 7 times from time of posting and the last post.

Last edited:
Sorry about double post but is there anyway to keep my router smooth running for over a hour?

If it is already acting up, the only option I can see is replacing it with either the same brand or use a different brand.

How much do routers cost? My father who is the host says it is not the router, but I know it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back