Jadeflower 1 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, but it's broken as well. And I'm not asking for anyone to fix it, all I'm asking for is help. I'm desperate! I want to put this in the next OLDC, so I have to get it fixed, and I don't know WHY Doom Builder is doing this to me.

If I've heard correctly, a new beta of SRB2 Workbench is going out to the public soon. Just wait for that and rebuild the level with it. Chances are, it'll fix the problem.

Last edited:
I actually can't wait for SRB2 Workbench to release to the public. (Although it'd be more helpful if it was programmed to work mainly in 3D, or basically work similar to ROBLOX's editor.)

and I don't know WHY Doom Builder is doing this to me.

I opened your map and saw what happened. I have to say my builder* NEVER did "that" to me.

Do this: menu Tools > Find Map Errors... , then click OK, you'll find 22 critical errors. If you set "Missing Textures" on, this goes up to 24 critical errors (... and almost 200 errors with warnings).

(* - my builder is SRB2 Doom Builder and it never screwed me up)

Last edited:
(* - my builder is SRB2 Doom Builder and it never screwed me up)
That's what I use as well. I think it may have been because I deleted the lines, not the whole sector(don't ask me to explain, it'll take too long), and when I did that, it registers as an unclosed sector, which apparently messes it up.

Last edited:
You have tons of unclosed sectors and add thok barriers. It also seems like there are missing textures.

You gotta use LINEDEF mode to delete the sector. Deleting the sectors in sector mode just inside-outs the sector's linedefs. As for a sector attached to another sector, you'll need to break the linedef for the other sector after deletion, and link it back up.

EDIT: So, I took a look at it.

My god.

This is THE most BROKEN map I have ever seen. All I can say is redo the whole thing. This map is SO not gonna get any better anytime soon. It's pretty much unsalvageable, and the level itself is pretty lame anyways.

Last edited:
and the level itself is pretty lame anyways.

Well, it's not my fault you don't like my style. I like it(duh), and so do a lot of other people, too. And, seriously, what do I have to do to please people around here, anyways? Take other people's ideas or something? I'm not going to do that. Just tell me what I have to do. Because these are all my ideas, not anyone else's. I mean come on, I have almost perfect emblem placement in this level, a waterslide(but it doesn't work yet), a maze of bridges, even a RedXVI house in there.

Last edited:
Well, it's not my fault you don't like my style. I like it(duh), and so do a lot of other people, too.
Hold on here. I have not heard one positive comment about any of your levels, not once. Every single time you've posted a WAD file, you have gotten universally negative opinions from the forums. Please show me these "lot of other people" that like your content, because last I checked you still haven't made a basic, playable level yet.

And at this point I'm not gonna bother downloading it at this point based on all those negative comments AND Mystic's post. Maybe you should start out with Character WADs, like I am.

Hold on here. I have not heard one positive comment about any of your levels, not once. Every single time you've posted a WAD file, you have gotten universally negative opinions from the forums. Please show me these "lot of other people" that like your content, because last I checked you still haven't made a basic, playable level yet.
The people I'm talking about are: Here, on the MB; Sa-x. On the WADbase; ashtheman14 and a couple of other people that I can't remember at the moment. And on my forum, everyone likes it.

EDIT: If you're thinking about saying that I should just quit MH, let me tell you now that Mystical Heavens wil NOT be discontinued/cancelled.

Hah. And JUST how many people would that be? I bet someone is promising those people something good for them to pretend to like your stuff. A Sa-x was banned several days ago. He doesn't count.
I'm siding with Mystic here. Besides, I've not seen a single damn THING that proves Sa-x likes your stuff.

Well, it's not my fault you don't like my style.
It's not the style it's the level. I could make horrible maps and justify it by saying it's my "style" too, but that wouldn't get me anywhere.
And, seriously, what do I have to do to please people around here, anyways? Well,Take other people's ideas or something? I'm not going to do that. Just tell me what I have to do. Because these are all my ideas, not anyone else's.
Uh, this level is extremely generic. The texturing, the enemies, the gimmicks, etc. It's pretty much all been seen before. We've seen plenty of waterslides and RedXVI houses before. As for the bridge maze, it's not really anything interesting or new to play with. Now, I've seen plenty of good and generic levels before, generic doesn't always exactly mean bad. Just don't claim it to be all original and new when it's not.

True, generic can be good AND bad. But generic as common as this? No. You need to start out small, especially while you wait for SRB2 Workbench to release to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back