Stairs configuration help

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
How do i make the stairs turn curves and do all those other things I see on other maps? The wiki doesnt help.

You mean, how do you make slopes? You can't. To create the effect, you have to fake it by making a bunch of microscopic steps that are so small they look like a slope. How good it looks will depend on the size of the stairs and the texture used. For curves, you have to make shallow steps that get increasingly steeper.

It's a pain, but slopes are going to be in the next version.

Please either explain more fully what you want, or provide a screenshot from a level featuring the effect you want.

I think he means something like a curve that is in a loop. For something like that The difference of heights of the steps need to increase gradually. For example the steps would be something like 1000 to 1008 to 1024 to 1048. The height difference in the first two steps is 8, the second is 16, the third being 24. Just keep going in that pattern.

I should note that the ramp physics are a bit strange with srb2, so you should use these sparingly. You also might want to start a bit smaller height then 8 to give it more of a "curve" look.

Torgo said:
I think he means something like a curve that is in a loop. For something like that The difference of heights of the steps need to increase gradually. For example the steps would be something like 1000 to 1008 to 1024 to 1048. The height difference in the first two steps is 8, the second is 16, the third being 24. Just keep going in that pattern.

I should note that the ramp physics are a bit strange with srb2, so you should use these sparingly. You also might want to start a bit smaller height then 8 to give it more of a "curve" look.
Not that! I mean I want the stairs to go in a u-turn direction.

Oh...well, that has to do with the shape of the sectors. Study maps that have U-turn stairs to get ideas.

No one doesn't get what your saying dude. Study some more, or look into some wads using doom builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back