Loop the Loops, TAMPS, Bobsleds, and Mid Air Zip Loops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Levels in the mod I'm making, I have been tryng to figure out how to make 360 loop the loops, touch activated moving platforms, a bobsled type thing, and some mid air speed zip loops, the only problem is, I have no idea how to make them work. How do I do this?

Note: I know it is possible as nothing is impossible in the virtual world when you can just program it to do this or that.

I'm lol'ing along with Draykon here. I mean, you WANT loops? And long stretches with absolutely no control at all? I swear, the lack of these things is GOOD for SRB2.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm lol'ing along with Draykon here. I mean, you WANT loops? And long stretches with absolutely no control at all? I swear, the lack of these things is GOOD for SRB2.
I am laughing, too. xD Bobsleighs? O.o That's impossible on regular SRB2 engine...

Erm, you still want that? Let's look at WHY this is impossible:

A) We don't have slopes. You can fake slopes, but......
B) Even if you DO get something that looks like a loop without slopes, Sonic won't magically start running up the wall. Furthermore, he can't even go on the ceiling yet.

It wouldn't be realistic. It's been done before, but it's not a loop. It's just a zoom tube that goes in a circle.

For the air loops, are you talking about the mid-air speed pad hoop things that are in Sonic Advance/Sonic Heroes? You can't really do that without programming.

Shuffle said:
For the air loops, are you talking about the mid-air speed pad hoop things that are in Sonic Advance/Sonic Heroes? You can't really do that without programming.

Can't you do that thing with the green NiGHTS speed direction things?

Screw that, you could SOC it.

But the stuff in SA, SA2 and Sonic Heroes? How do you expect to apply that to SRB2? It's not like it's the same thing, or even similar.

But still, loops? Loops in SRB2 is like... creativity in modern video games. *Beaten*

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
For the Levels in the mod I'm making, I have been tryng to figure out how to make 360 loop the loops,Use zoom tubes, and sceneic FOFs touch activated moving platforms,Use the "rising platform, opaque" lindef, tagged to a right triangular control sector, with the diagonal facing south-west. Add a triangle to the right, and a triangle below. The one on the right and the control should be the lowest the platform goes, and the bottom one should be the highest it goes bobsled type thing,Um..creative zoom tubes/hardcoding? and some mid air speed zip loops,create an intangible FOF for the middle. Have the FOF tagged to some incredibly fast wind. Create a border around the FOF. the only problem is, I have no idea how to make them work. How do I do this?

Note: I know it is possible as nothing is impossible in the virtual world when you can just program it to do this or that.Some things are impossible given the constraints of this engine, such as slopes and loops. You could create your own or something...

Well I have made platforms in a way to look like a loopety loop, but now I need to figure out how to make it work,

srb20238xw3.png

And shuffle you guessed it I was talking about the airborn speed zipping loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back