I want to kill Doombuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

I'm using SRB2 DoomBuilder, and it has so many glitches! It won't load srb2.srb as the graphics wad! It won't let me open a wad if I edit/make the wad in doombuilder, and using certain functions corrupts the file and I have to start all over! :evil: Does anyone know how to fix this?

Fist off You can't kill it. It's non-living :P . Second I can't help as I have not encountered this.

I did read the tutorial. I know what all of the options do, but if I use one, even if I undo the change, it won't let me save anymore. Next time I get the error I'll post it.

EDIT: The error is: "Error 5 while saving map: Invalid procedure call or argument"

SRB2.SRB shouldn't be used as the graphics wad, it should be set as the IWAD. This might also fix the saving problem, but probably not. Did you notice that stage the pop-up status window was at when the error occurred (e.g. "Building WAD file resources" or "Compressing sidedefs")? That would help me to work out what's going on.

Oogaland said:
SRB2.SRB shouldn't be used as the graphics wad, it should be set as the IWAD. This might also fix the saving problem, but probably not. Did you notice that stage the pop-up status window was at when the error occurred (e.g. "Building WAD file resources" or "Compressing sidedefs")? That would help me to work out what's going on.
It crashes when I try to set the IWAD. However, if I load srb2.srb as a map into Doombuilder, then the graphics work until I switch to a different file.

Kaysakado said:
It crashes when I try to set the IWAD. However, if I load srb2.srb as a map into Doombuilder, then the graphics work until I switch to a different file.
What message do you get when it crashes? As a workaround, you can set the IWAD manually in the config file, but it'd be helful if I could work out what's going wrong, so as to fix it.

Kaysakado said:
I did read the tutorial. I know what all of the options do, but if I use one, even if I undo the change, it won't let me save anymore. Next time I get the error I'll post it.

Well you read the tutorial, but did you do what it said to do?

Yes, but anyway it turned that the problem was that I was using it on Windows Vista, when I tried it on XP, it works fine, so yay! Strange how XP is better than Vista.

Kaysakado said:
Yes, but anyway it turned that the problem was that I was using it on Windows Vista, when I tried it on XP, it works fine, so yay! Strange how XP is better than Vista.

Actually I prefer my Windows 98 to my XP.

soooo...yeah I got the same error on my vista, are there any updates or patches out there to make it compatible? Honestly I love vista other than the compatibility problems which up until now were easy fixes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back