SONIC the Hedgehog: Final Nail in Sonic's Coffin?

Sonic NextGen: What do you think?

• It was good... nothing "amazing"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad... not quite what I was expecting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonGodX

Ok, NextGen Sonic is out...
For all those of you who are lucky enough to have
an Xbox 360 and a copy of the game, here is your chance
to give us your opinion on the game.
*Note: I decided to make this topic so there won't be
a million topics about NextGen Sonic.

Edit: Please only post if you have played the actual game...
NOT the demo.

The vast majority of people here don't have an XBOX 360. A lot of us are just waiting for the PC port. Though, wait for Omega to see this...I want to see his two-page-worth review.

I don't even want an XBox 360. Personally, I don't like XBox, for they don't like me. They always crash on me for some reason... :?

I swear, some of you just can't help voting...
Please do not vote if you haven't played the game.
Also, if you rate a game simply by what others rate it or
game websites/magazines, you are simply a lemming and
all you can apparently do is follow, since you seem to have
no unique opinions of your own. If you think all of the new Sonic
games will automatically suck (whether they do or do not meet our
ever-increasingly impossible to fill expectations) maybe you simply
don't like Sonic anymore.
If that is the case, find something else to play.
Crim's Rants 1:02

It sucks. Sonic sucks. :|

"ever-increasingly impossible to fill expectations" <-- PFFT.

1 word. Awesome!

Never seen such a great adventure after SADX, especially playing the town stages and speed. I got a Xbox360? No, but a friend does, and playing the game there for 3 hours seems good enough for a review.

Super mystic sonic said:
1 word. Awesome!

Never seen such a great adventure after SADX, especially playing the town stages and speed. I got a Xbox360? No, but a friend does, and playing the game there for 3 hours seems good enough for a review.
This is basically my opinion except it's my copy on my 360 and I've played for a lot longer than three hours.

CrimsonGodX said:
If you think all of the new Sonic
games will automatically suck (whether they do or do not meet our
ever-increasingly impossible to fill expectations) maybe you simply
don't like Sonic anymore.
If that is the case, find something else to play.
"Impossible to fill expectations?" All most of us are asking for is a platformer with decent level design, controls that- you know what, forget it, I'm not going to bother responding to that. You're an idiot.

Suffice to say that from what I've heard and seen, this game is fundamentally flawed in ways that weren't even an issue with Shadow. They took gameplay mechanics that were only partially blemished before and completely bastardized them for no reason at all. Also, they practically didn't even attempt to bugtest the game this time around. I mean, look at this; 5 glitches in 2 minutes on Flame Core. Sonic daintily rebounds off an invisible wall, and for the life of him, the player can't seem to get past that one sloped wall without falling into the lava.

So yes, I'm going to vote against this game without having played it, if only out of spite. Seeing is more than enough grounds for forming an opinion when you've been paying a great deal of attention to a game throughout the course of it's development and know the difference between a good game and a bad game. If my computer can handle it, I'll gladly download the PC version once it rolls around, but I'll be damned if I spend a dime on it. Shadow ruined my last Christmas, you know.

EDIT: Damnit, Omega. :|

I honestly think that Ritz is the most intelligent person on this message board. I agree with almost everything he says, the PS3, Sonic, etc.

dont leave me

firetruck.png

This is going to be great.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Super mystic sonic said:
1 word. Awesome!

This is basically my opinion except it's my copy on my 360 and I've played for a lot longer than three hours.

After spending way too much time with this title as of late, I have my final judgement on this...
Is this the saviour of Sonic games?
Is this the final nail in the Sonic crap coffin?

Well... the answer is a bit more complicated then that...
Here is my No Spoiler review for Sonic 2k6:

I'll do this in parts...

1. Story

The story works here unlike in past Sonic games...
Its more in-deph and goes a bit deeper then you would expect a platformer game that when first brought to the public, barely having any at all to have.
The cutscenes are great and well done....
The voices are a mixed batch of good to "Ick! Oh dear god, make the hurting stop!!" but its more on the good end of things this time then the bad (Sonic Heroes, I am looking at you!!!).

2. Gameplay

Well... this is the REAL question that is on everyones minds...
I am happy to say that playing as Sonic/Shadow is awesome....
Silver.... well... IMO, he needs to GTFO of my Sonic game since he REALLY does not fit here...
I can understand what Sega was trying to go for here and got to give them a BIT of credit for some of the nice things you will be able to do, but it doesn't fit... at all...
There is a reason I play Sonic games Sonic Team... Speed...
Its what has kept the franchise going strong for this long...
Don't do this to us...

Now "Adventure Field"....
I was VERY let down here, maybe I expected too much from Sega to give me a Zelda/Metroid/Sonic experience here but it doesn't work...
The "Sub misssions" can be VERY annoying and painful.. and not in the fun challenging way like DMC and Ninja Gaiden... cheap and annoying these things are....
Very let down here...

Actual levels?
Well, aside from the horrble submissions, the levels are actually good with multipule paths and things that make Sonic a Sonic game.. although in some of the later levels they kind of take the easy way out on us, but the design works here...
Except when you get stuck with playing as someone besides Sonic or his Dark Recolor (Yes, I said it... come on and bring it!) cause thats where things really fall apart...
Thankfully they go away and we are back to are speedy goodness...

3. Controls...
All three of our main protagansts here control very well and for the first time in years, feel quite solid...
The Havok engine helps this out a lot but my only concern is Sonic's "GAHHH!!! Not off the cliff" annoying slide dash that I accedently did more times then I ever meant to do...

4. Music
No Comment seeing as how I will be hurt here for what my real feelings on this are....

Overall Opinion:
Omega will disown and then kill me for this but the game is a 3.5 out of 5...
The game has some pretty glaring flaws that I wish I could just ignore but they keep popping up...
Its fun.. but its nowhere near legendary...

Kroze

CrimsonGodX said:
Did something I say strike such a nerve, that it required a personal attack?
Don't let it go to your head, there's only so much I can take before I start venting.

CrimsonGodX said:
Hmm, sounds like you're a bit of an idiot.
witty retort

CrimsonGodX said:
Why even bother playing the PC version?
Sounds, like you already got everything you could possible get
out of it from just watching gameplay videos.
Don't take what I say out of context; I never said I got everything I could possibly get out of the game from watching the videos, but I will say that I can tell quite easily from a video weither or not a game is going to suck, especially when this is essentially the same as every other 3D Sonic game we've recieved these past 8 years.

Also, of course, there's plenty of enjoyment to be derived from actually playing a game yourself, but this only applies to good games.

Also, it's very hard to take what you say literally
when your posts are formatted
like this, y'know?
It makes for very difficult reading,
And I assure you, the forum is very efficient
at tracking your text.
You don't have to do it manually.
Fascinating, am I right?

CrimsonGodX said:
Ritz said:
witty retort
I don't need a witty retort to try and hurt others to make myself feel better.

CrimsonGodX said:
Hmm, sounds like you're a bit of an idiot.

Pot? Kettle.

CrimsonGodX said:
Ritz said:
Also, it's very hard to take what you say literally
when your posts are formatted
like this, y'know?
It makes for very difficult reading,
And I assure you, the forum is very efficient
at tracking your text.
You don't have to do it manually.
Fascinating, am I right?
Hmm, another *off-topic* personal attack...
I could continue this juvenile conversation with you, but I don't want to
stoop to your level. You can go ahead and vent all your want Ritz, but I'm not going to continue on with this.

"Stoop to your level"? You basically said "NO U" when he called you an idiot! You're bitching about being off topic, but I don't see what "witty retorts" have to do with Sonic the Hedgehog. Also, trying to act mature doesn't really help at all, especially when you use childish insults.

CrimsonGodX said:
And as for you Bigboi...
You'll do just about anything to boost your post count won't you?

OH MY GOD YOU FOUND ME OUT

Now, can we get back to the god damn topic? I don't want this thread to be locked.

Edit: Actually, you know what? Lock this. There's another topic about this.

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=5221

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back