Fixed Beta Showcase magically appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
I have absolutely no idea what caused this, but:

betashowcase.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume it's a feature that never made it or something. It has several mentions in m_menu.c, but it shouldn't be there at all.

Does it do anything when you select it?
No, you can highlight it like normal but selecting it does nothing.

This isn't permanent either, I've been trying all sorts of things and I've yet to have the Beta Showcase make another appearance in my secrets menu. There must have been something that triggered it, but I'm not having any luck finding it.

Yes, this makes sense. That bug seen in glaber's video makes the complete checklist appear, including this option. It's not unlockable in any way, but it's part of the checklist as supplied in the source. So yeah, this particular bug is fixed by deleting the "Beta Showcase" lines in m_menu.c, but the underlying bug is the secret checklist one, which is well-known, I suppose.

Now this makes a lot more sense than before (which was none :P). I still don't know how I caused it, but I guess it doesn't really matter now that the culprit has been found.

If I recall correctly;
in 1.08 or 1.09 this menu option appeared when you pressed a key, I think it was the 'm' key while in the secrets menu. There was another option that appeared by pressing another key, and it did nothing either. I was skeptic when I first discovered it, then I grew rambunctious, finally settling for bewildered, flabbergasted, evem.
I think I once asked about this and I got an answer akin to "Shut the fuck up, noob".
Or maybe it was "A leftover from a removed beta thing". Dunno. If it's still in 2.0.whatever.version then I'd be surprised.

And then I'd hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back