Sonic SatAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongecar

WishI had a better internet
I'm curious on other people's views on the TV show Sonic The Hedgehog, also known as Sonic SatAM.
Personally I think it's a great show. Who agrees or disagrees?

...The ending is cause for "FFFFFFFFFF-*boom*" though. Curse you DiC! Or Whoever It Was that cancelled it!

If you play Sonic games for the story: SatAM
If you play Sonic games for fun: AoStH

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

...The ending is cause for "FFFFFFFFFF-*boom*" though. Curse you DiC! Or Whoever It Was that cancelled it!

*points the finger of blame at the Power Rangers* There was too much competition & the new head of ABC cancelled the show. >_<

At least the characters got saved by the comic, mostly. Robotnik got replaced with Eggman.

I remember watching SatAM, actually, but I was so young that nothing in particular stands out in my mind about it. When I was a bit older I subscribed to the Archie Sonic comic for a little while, so maybe the show sparked interest in that?

I've only looked at a few segments of the show on YouTube... The art's okay, but the concept and especially the dialogue are embarrassing. I wasn't really expecting it to be anything but that, honestly.

Last edited:
If you play Sonic games for the story: SatAM
If you play Sonic games for fun: AoStH

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
Basically.

I tried to get into it, but I dunno. Didn't catch my interests as much as Scratch and Grounder did.

At least the characters got saved by the comic, mostly. Robotnik got replaced with Eggman.

Wasn't Eggman in the Archie comics just a more advance android body of robotnik? Seeing as I saw a clip of that on their site and all, so I was just wondering >_>

Sonic X does not even compare to SatAM and AoSTH, you did not have Chris or any other characters that got annoying to the same level they did, especially in later episodes.

I personally like SatAM a lot since I really like the story. I was really interested in seeing a second season after seeing all the events that led up to the final episode and, of course, the final episode itself.

AoSTH was very likeable in a different way than SatAM. That show was hilarious. Scratch and Grounder are both awesome as well.

Oh boo-hoo, Sonic X was a little bad. Get over it.

In my opinion, AOSTH is better than SatAM, since the former is non-canon, plus the Sonic sez moments after each episode add to the humour.

"Don't do drugs kids, or Robotnik might stomp on you with a giant robot!"

If you start with the 4Kids dub of the SA adaption, you won't last past the first five minutes.

Or at least, that's how it was for me.

Oh my lord, the sonic adventure adaptations... they also did Battle IIRC?
oh maaaaaan, I remember being so FUCKING EXCITED, finally seeing those videogames coming to tv and being all ADVENTURE YAY

What a horrible disappointment.
In a way, Sonic X was good, it prepared me for adult life, in a sense.
:(

Luckily the Adventure adaptions lasted only 5 episodes or whatever. The only reason I watched them this summer was because I had just gotten SA for my Dreamcast. :D

I think this has gotten off topic. lol.

Oh my lord, the sonic adventure adaptations... they also did Battle IIRC?
oh maaaaaan, I remember being so FUCKING EXCITED, finally seeing those videogames coming to tv and being all ADVENTURE YAY

What a horrible disappointment.
In a way, Sonic X was good, it prepared me for adult life, in a sense.
:(

Battle was only 2 or 3 episodes. Anyway, the real meat of the series is the postscript season made after the 4Kids dub became wildly popular. You cannot deny that "The Cosmo Conspiracy" is the most epic thing ever.

And yes, this is getting offtopic. Anyone care to split this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back