Metal Geyser act 2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

verifiaman

The master of verification.
This is act 2 to one of the first levels I made. Unlike the first act, it has drastically decreased difficulty as well as fewer geysers. It also lacks a deathmatch arena like the last one. Here are the screens:
srb20001-1.png

srb20003-1.png

I know the screenshots arent good. but its a beta.
Link to the level: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8b82qh

The transparent floor looks very messy. To avoid having that purple colour in the transparent floors, make the slime height the FOF floor, and in the transparent block, use the #000 to determine, the GLASSTEX texture, and the light of the transparent block. It makes it less messy. Although it looks linear & bland but I'll have a go at it later.

Hyperknux said:
The transparent floor looks very messy. To avoid having that purple colour in the transparent floors, make the slime height the FOF floor, and in the transparent block, use the #000 to determine, the GLASSTEX texture, and the light of the transparent block. It makes it less messy. Although it looks linear & bland but I'll have a go at it later.
Thats not a transparent floor. Thats a regular floor covered in water.

Well, kudos for effort. Some parts were fairly solid, but it's mostly pretty dull, and it's as ugly as Techno Meadows and Skycore Act 2. Forcing us to go into slime to push a button was a bad idea. Took me three tries to make it. Making crushers out of water was just weird (and cheap at places).

I couldn't finish. It was a little cramped, but okay, until I got to the underwater part. You should've used a liquid shield instead of invinciblity. Also, I got lost underwater when I had limited time to get out. Oh yeah, not enough rings.

Pardon the lack of organization >.>

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Well, kudos for effort. Some parts were fairly solid, but it's mostly pretty dull, and it's as ugly as Techno Meadows and Skycore Act 2. Forcing us to go into slime to push a button was a bad idea. Took me three tries to make it. Making crushers out of water was just weird (and cheap at places).
How did you know I was gaiamegu?

I guessed because your maps are as long and have the same type of visuals. I thought it was either you or Hetor. Anyway...*gives proper credit on Wiki*

I guessed because your maps are as long and have the same type of visuals. I thought it was either you or Hetor. Anyway...*gives proper credit on Wiki*
Whos hetor?

verifiaman said:
Hyperknux said:
Thats not a transparent floor. Thats a regular floor covered in water.

On the first screenshot yes. There's a transparent FOF with slime underneath, but because you are not using GLASSTEX texture with the #000 (light control) in the texture box, it makes it look crappy =/.

I have updated act 2. Its not much since im working on another level. Takes place in a desert factory.
Do you think I should make more levels?

verifiaman said:
Whos hetor?

A very unpopular member of the community. Got totally permbanned.

Fix'd. Oh yeah, did I mention that he hated me for some reason?

I'll try it out.

EDIT:: Yeah. Do you test your levels before you reliese {sp}? Because I can't get past the intangible FOF I die and I can't see why. Also, 4 A_FALL1 Geysers at the beginning of the level? please.

astar said:
verifiaman said:
Whos hetor?

A very unpopular member of the community. Got totally permbanned.

Fix'd. Oh yeah, did I mention that he hated me for some reason?

I'll try it out.

EDIT:: Yeah. Do you test your levels before you reliese {sp}? Because I can't get past the intangible FOF I die and I can't see why. Also, 4 A_FALL1 Geysers at the beginning of the level? please.
Hetor was a man like me, except for i dont post levels that have sex related things in them. (lol he made the strip club and the f***ing zone) it was pretty funny though.

Sonic Destiny said:
Hetor was a man like me.
So being a man get you permbanned? Think, Sonic_Destiny.[/offtopic]

Anyway, this version was okay, but makes the floors a little easier to see please.

And what is, may I ask, a DBS file? Some kinda encryption or something?
*I'm not a geek, more of a VG powerhouse, as in good at 'em, not loads.*

I've seen an .m03 file or 2 (one on a serv, and another on zck's SWRB2 mod), a few .OGGs (got one I recorded myself from a YTPMV with Audacity and then exported as said format), a *BEEP!*load of .mp3s which are mainly from Newgrounds, an occasional .BAK file (Mystic Shadow and SWRB2 mod), and of course, SRB2's .MIDI tracks + one I got myself (AdventureIslandRock if memory serves. Looped perfectly.)

Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back