Yet Another 2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much agree with everything Iceman404's said here regarding turning when gliding. The instant directional change with the mouse would be much better as the glider's angle being gradually changed towards the direction you're aiming at and would stop it being completely ridiculous to aim at. Especially when the user is high up.

I'm indifferent about a slide when landing and slower falling though.

There's nothing to stop Knux's gliding going as fast as possible, yeah.

I dunno, the ground seems to be pretty good at stopping things.

Knuckles can gain some hilarious speeds, sure, but is the time used to gain said speed ever practical? And can you even use that speed outside of the room your currently in without being forced to the ground or a small hallway? Let's be honest here, how many levels can you even reach maxmove in a room to begin with? If you ever tried to leave the area you were in you'd faceplant either the wall or ground pretty damn quickly.

A few questions...

Hey guys, I've been inactive on the boards for quite some time. While it's nice and all that we're getting a few "updates" on the game every few months, a few things have been bothering me regarding the details on how exactly 2.1 is coming along.

I'm not asking for a release date or why 2.1 is taking as long as it has been. My only question is what is holding the game back from releasing 2.1 at the moment? Are the features included in that huge wiki page still unfinished? Are there major bugs that still need fixing? Or is everything overall just being worked on really slowly? Forgive me if these questions have already been answered and I'm just wasting your time here.

With that being said, I'm still looking forward to 2.1 and I can't wait to see how to community will respond once it actually releases. It's looking great.

The devs are trying to build up swag points. It's crucial for these sort of things to be done.

I'm sorry but I didn't know that it was a joke or whatever it was supposed to be, and also I don't know even what is a "swag point" (hence why I asked you), anyways I'm not autistic, just that I'm not English, and neither do I understand the slang language very well.

Last edited:
My only question is what is holding the game back from releasing 2.1 at the moment?
As far as I'm informed, the most significant work that still needs to be done is finishing Eggscalibur and the makeover of Brak Eggman.

Are the features included in that huge wiki page still unfinished?
Well, that depends on the feature in question, but I think most of the stuff in 2.1 is complete at this point.

Are there major bugs that still need fixing?
None that I know of.

Or is everything overall just being worked on really slowly?
Work on SRB2 is always extremely slow.

Take all of this with a grain of salt; I'm not a dev, just a somewhat informed observer.

As far as I'm informed, the most significant work that still needs to be done is finishing Eggscalibur and the makeover of Brak Eggman.

Why does everyone call him Brak Eggman anyways? I thought his actual name was Black Eggman.

Last edited:
I also have a question. Are the multiplayer stages that use slime will now use the new THZ slime effect?
It will be good if the devs make a video of what the single player campaign will look like in 2.1 just like what they have done for 2.0.

Why does everyone call him Brak Eggman anyways? I thought his actual name was Black Eggman.
Well, the names of the enemies and bosses don't actually appear anywhere in the game, so there's not really an "actual" name. Brak Eggman is just the name that seems to have stuck.

I also have a question. Are the multiplayer stages that use slime will now use the new THZ slime effect?
Mystic mentioned a while back that he modified Noxious Factory to use the new slime. I don't know about the rest.

AjW6vUL.png
d2oNCP0.png

Did anyone else notice the subtle change of graphics for names and lives? They use the console font instead of their own unique font. Something I'm wondering is whether or not names are still using the PLAYNAME graphics or if SRB2 gets the name from a separate source (such as the skin name for the character in question) and then simply outputs it.

Did anyone else notice the subtle change of graphics for names and lives? They use the console font instead of their own unique font. Something I'm wondering is whether or not names are still using the PLAYNAME graphics or if SRB2 gets the name from a separate source (such as the skin name for the character in question) and then simply outputs it.

It has been there since the "We're not dead yet" update or that was the first time it was seen, I think everyone noticed it or at least discovered at these times. Maybe wasn't a big change for a detailed explanation but I like it. Though, it was mentioned before, but I forgot where.

Last edited:
So, they're making over Brak Eggman's sprites or the actual battle itself? Both I think would be good. Not that I find the battle difficult, it's REALLY easy to get used to, especially if you've watched the OVA, but it's just the amount of complaints from players, especially new ones. They finally get to Act 3 to get a game over twice and they have to go through Egg Rock all over again.

Believe me I like a challenge, but it should at least be a bit more obvious how you're supposed to hit a robot like that, especially if it's a one you've never seen before. Every other boss is really well designed for getting hits on. They can all be hard at first (besides GFZ's) but are actually easy to figure out.

Anyhow, the current sprites for Brak Eggman do look off, no offense to who initially rendered them (SSN, right?) I think that a sprite revamp would prove useful.

Yeah, I'm with the idea to remake brak eggman. Not mainly because it's hard, but because it's too hard to figure out its weakness. I remember the first time going against him being absolutely clueless about what I needed to do, and had to look at youtube videos to figure out how to attack brak. I even looked on the wiki before youtube, which didn't help.

Last edited:
He could at least get nicer pre renders or something.

And considering we have this new tall patches thingggggggg...~

Didn't Mystic also say that they didn't want to release 2.1 unless they fixed the netcode?
What happened is that until a while ago, there were bugs in SRB2 that prevented netplay from working correctly. The dev team thought that these bugs had something to do with the netcode, and that's what Mystic meant when he said they needed to fix the netcode before 2.1 can be released. As it turns, it wasn't actually the netcode that was broken, but other things. Either way, these bugs are fixed now, so that's not what's holding up 2.1 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back